YouTube subs

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
mrwillow

YouTube subs

Post by mrwillow »

Hi,

Is there a way of using a "Subscribe to YouTube icon", that instead of merely going to your YT channel page, somehow automatically subscribes to your YT channel.

Thank you,

DC
BaconFries

Re: YouTube subs

Post by BaconFries »

mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Hi Sorry.

Brain is everwhere at the moment launching a company, so forgetting what was asked a while back. Thank you for reminding.

Looking at the article, and I need a little hand-holding. There is some code; presumably I c&p it, but where? How do I get my channel's specific "subscribe" page? Which order to do this in? Sorry, but all does not seem clear.

DC
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can use the HTML Object for the code. As from reading you use your YouTube Channel ID but don't quote me. Please note the url/link provided was for information only as in general no support is provided for any external scripts/code that is not generated by the program.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Sorry, I need a little more hand-holding.

So I place the code within the Page HTML option, which tab? If not, where otherwise exactly? And are you saying that this code will direct the user, after having clicked/pressed the YouTube icon on my website page, not to the YT channel's homepage, but instead to an instantly-appearing "subscribe to..." function/display for said YT channel? If not, then what a I missing?

DC
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Ok, scrap my previous request, as this tutorial maybe helps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrfG_3fgh6Q

New question is: where to place the generated code? Within the object's HTML, specifically which of the 4 tabs is the best/right one?

DC
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can add custom code with the HTML object.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

New question is: where to place the generated code? Within the object's HTML, specifically which of the 4 tabs is the best/right one?
Did you read my previous reply to you on this? you can use the HTML Object to insert external code/scripts....
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/add_html.html
Please note that there is no help assistance/help with external code.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Hi Pablo, I need a definitive answer, as many responses I feel assume I know half of it already, when I would prefer a clean explanation. So, the code generated by the "Configure a Button" webpage is to be placed in Object HTML > Custom Style (tab) ? Meanwhile, in the object's Properties is nothing to be pasted into the Link (tab) > URL field ? D.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Hi BaconFries, now you've confused me. There is insert HTML from Tool Box, or Page HTML, or even r-click on the object > Object HTML. I'm guessing the third is the appropriate way forward (as it is an adapted FontAwesome icon that is the initaitor here), though which specific tag? Sorry, as said, I think you're assuming half-knowledge on my part, whereas here, this time, I would prefer a clean explanation.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

A different question, in the Twitter Cards form within metatags, is: a) there a difference between "Summary" and "Summary with large image"? In context, what is a large image? And b) is the "Site" field to be filled with a specific URL or simple your site's home page?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, there is no support on custom/third party code, because for me it may also take a lot of time to figure out how this code works.
So, I cannot describe the exact steps how to this specific script.

But here are the generic steps (see also the tutorial):
- determine where in the page the code must be inserted (body, head, inside a div)
- add an HTML object to your page
- copy/paste the code,
- make modifications where needed
- publish the page
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

What is confusing? have you read/viewed all the information in the link I gave on how to use external scripts in the HTML Object! To define 'custom' it isn't referring to were to place it in the 'custom section' it means code note generated by the program... What has FontAwesome got to do with using this! now I am confused!! the original question was how to add a YouTube subscribe button to your page...If you wish to use a FontAwesome icon then you may/will need to adapt the script yourself to use this.

Now please note I am not being rude here but it is understood that if you yourself wish to insert use external code then you will know how to use it yourself. The link given to the script is for information only in the understanding you will be able to insert into the program and use yourself. Hopefully someone who has used this script will answer you here with a step by step on how to use.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

If you have 'New' question on the use of cards then please repost in the appropriate section as it is not related to your original question thanks.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Hi,

After playing around, I think it's simply add a "... ?sub_confirmation=1 ..." to the end of your YT channel URL, then c&p this into your object's (in my case FontAwesome icon) link field.

DC