***SOLVED***Domain transfer and help sought.

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
pfgreig

***SOLVED***Domain transfer and help sought.

Post by pfgreig »

Hi all, when they wrote the book Web Site Building for Dummies they had me in mind! :D
My original website building program is no longer supported, I changed to Word***ss and I have created a basic website but I find Word***ss very difficult to navigate hence I am going to try WYSIWYG Web Builder and have just commenced a 30 day trial. It appears quite similar and therefore as easy to use as my old program.
I also have my own domain. My first job is to transfer my domain so I can upload from WYSIWYG Web Builder. I would appreciate any guidance on how to go about this.
I would also like information of the FTP settings I need to use. What do I enter in the boxes when I click 'Publish'?.

Would appreciate some assistance from a patient person :shock: .
Paul
Queensland
Australia.
Pablo

Re: Domain transfer and help sought.

Post by Pablo »

Only your webhost can tell you which FTP settings you will need to use to publish your website.

But this may be helpful:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/publish.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I would also like information of the FTP settings I need to use. What do I enter in the boxes when I click 'Publish'?.
Only your host /server provider can help with this but more on this.
See the following
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36493
pfgreig

Post by pfgreig »

Thanks all...you have given me something to start on.
Paul.
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

pfgreig this is an old video and 90 second website builder in not going anymore but same software as WYSIWYG Web Builder but the FTP publishing is still the same if I can find another more up to date video I will post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma1TOhhQ4Bs
pfgreig

Post by pfgreig »

Thanks everyone...with your help I have been able to overcome the issue....all seems ok now.
Paul,
Queensland,
Australia.