Basic video editor?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
etcbbu

Basic video editor?

Post by etcbbu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi all,

Anyone know of a basic video editor that'd just let me do something as simple as put a company logo (like a .JPG or .PNG or .PDf or whatever) file in the corner of a video?

I'd need it for Windows 10 Machines; to be used on a Windows 10 Laptop and a Windows 10 Surface Tablet.

Honestly, I just want to
- shoot video with either iPhone and Galaxy (Note or S-Series phone),
- move them to my computer,
- and do *VERY* basic things like just putting a static logo on the video;
- and then most likely upload them to a YouTube Channel.

Don't need to dabble in advanced lighting, maybe not advanced cutting, certainly no advanced effects or anything.

Just wanna shoot basic video on a phone, even if it's amateur-looking, put a static logo in the corner, render the video, and publish it to YouTube Channel(s) .

Any suggestions?
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Re: Basic video editor?

Post by BaconFries » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 pm

If in the end you are just going to be uploading the video(s) to be used in YouTube then you can do this in YouTube itself see the following:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6147757?hl=en

You should also be able to do it using Windows Movie Maker
https://filmora.wondershare.com/windows ... maker.html

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:03 pm

@BaconFries - Very good info, thank you. I foresee utilizing this in the future.

*BUT*, I *still* would also like to be able to really get into Video and hard-stamp it into Video, and Render it as its own MPG, AVI, or whatever-format Video File.

Any more thoughts from anyone else?
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 pm

Just *bump*'ing, to see if anyone has any insight.
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

kibble

Post by kibble » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:23 pm

etcbbu
I have used Serif MoviePlus for years, unfortunately Serif have stopped supporting it now. They used to supply MoviePlus Starter Edition for free.
I used MoviePlus to do what you wanted, it took me about 10mins.
There are other programmes out there, a lot of them provide free (sometimes save disabled or an embedded watermark) versions, you need to try them out to see which works for you.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:03 pm

@kibble - thanks for the tip. As I was searching for "serif MoviePlus" I happened upon a "VideoPad Video Editor", which I am considering trying; since you said "serif" is no longer supporting the "MoviePlus" you mentioned.

But to switch gears a tad, has anyone ever used this:

https://www.toptenreviews.com/software/ ... or-review/

I know it costs money, but just wondering if anyone else has used it and found out if it is good or not..?
(CyberLink PowerDirector 17 Ultra)
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

bkjohns

Post by bkjohns » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:02 am

I have Power Director 16 (haven't upgraded yet) and it is far from simple, although it is pretty straight forward in doing simple things. I used Serif MP6 and wanted to have something supported as well, so made the switch. I still know the Serif product better but am learning the Cyberlink program a little at a time. Another video editor to look at is the Magix product Video Delux (a few different versions).

kibble

Post by kibble » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:11 pm

etcbbu
I may be able to help you further on this, but I think it would be best done outside of this forum (as it is not WWB applicable).
As I can't contact you privately through the forum can I send an e-mail to you via the website you have in your signature (ktravisj.com)?
Not sure if that is your website or a company you work for.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:44 pm

@kibble - thank you for the information!

@bkjohns - Do you know of a support forum, or some level or support I could have with the company that puts out Power Director 17, where I could do to ask questions on how to do various things when I am in the trenches and have imported a video file into the software, and are in the nuts-and-bolts of it, editing it, within the software? Like, a User Community? Support Forums..? Etc..?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

bkjohns

Post by bkjohns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Cyberlink has a user forum as well as a very complete company help support system.