Parallax image in carousel not working in Firefox

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Fredl

Parallax image in carousel not working in Firefox

Post by Fredl »

Hello,
I have a site up that uses a carousel with images set to parallax in properties, the effect works fine when using Chrome, but not Firefox, I'm not sure what broke it, because it was working in Firefox last week. I have tweaked a few things on the site, but don't see what may be causing the images to scroll with the page instead of remaining fixed. Any pointers would be appreciated. **Note, I'm aware the site is loading very slowly, I'm assuming it is a limitation of the server my client asked me to load the site onto, but if anybody notices an error in my work that is causing it to load so slowly I'd try any tips you may suggest.
The site is portagratitude.com
(I have another question about this project regarding pictures centering in this section of the forum)
crispy68

Re: Parallax image in carousel not working in Firefox

Post by crispy68 »

Hard to say why the parallax worked earlier on FF and not now. It could be a change in FF or it could be something you've done. Without seeing your project file it is hard to say. As for the slow loading, the images you are using are .png. You don't want to use large .png files as they are too big. You will want to change them to at least .jpg and compress them (ex: go to tinyjpg.com). You can compress them further changing them to webp.
Fredl

Post by Fredl »

Thanks, I'll convert the images to a more compressed format. If I can't figure out the parallax issue I'll post a link to my project files.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Did you change any of the transitions in the slideshow? I'm leaning towards the fact that one of the transitions you are using is causing the 'background-image:fixed' code to not work properly. If you were to remove some of the transitions of the slides and preview it in FF, does it work then? I know there was a previous issue with this in older versions of FF.
Fredl

Post by Fredl »

I'll investigate, I have older versions of this project that I'll inspect to see if I inadvertently changed a transition or some other setting. Thanks again.