Same Embedded page can't be on the desktop and mobile?

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
laros

Same Embedded page can't be on the desktop and mobile?

Post by laros »

Hello,

I have an embedded on desktop version, and ofcourse i need it on mobile version. But when i use it, it says that it can't have 2 of the same on the same page??!! I really don't understand it, ofcourse i need it for mobile version, what is the purpose than?

So to make it work, i have to use 1 embedded page on desktop, and create additional embedded page on mobile version. BUT, if I do that, than i have double objects everywhere, because when i use embedded1 on desktop version, it copies the files on mobile version (eventhough i dont need them), so i have to hide all of them, and to have the right mobile version i have to use embedded2, but when i do this, it copies files also on desktop version, and i also have to hide them. So I get double objects (embedded1 and embedded2) on desktop version + double objects (embedded 1 and embedded 2) on mobile version, which makes no sense.

Embedded 1: desktop visible , mobile hidden
EMbedded 2: mobile visible, desktop hidden

Any idea how to solve this?

Thank you!
Pablo

Re: Same Embedded page can't be on the desktop and mobile?

Post by Pablo »

You cannot use the same embedded page twice, this breaks the page structure because all IDs will be duplicated.
However, you can reuse the same object in the mobile layout.
laros

Post by laros »

Yes, but it makes no sense. Desktop versions objects aren't all the same as mobile, because of the structure.

I have created embedded page and have set desktop and mobile version, but when i want to insert it, it sees it as it is 2 in the same page.

But it makes no sense, if it doesnt accept. Because in that case i have to have 2 embedded page (1 for desktop, 1 for mobile).

But if i do that, than there are double objects on every single page). And it works like this:

EMBEDDED 1: desktop ok, mobile hidden
EMBEDDED 2: mobile ok, desktop hidden

But i have 250 pages, so it would mean 500x all the objects i already have (not to mention that it all have to have different id's). It totally ruins the page.

Do you have any idea how to solve it, because now i am stuck and i cant even finish the pages?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have created embedded page and have set desktop and mobile version, but when i want to insert it, it sees it as it is 2 in the same page.
You can show/ hide the elements for each breakpoint.
Because in that case i have to have 2 embedded page (1 for desktop, 1 for mobile).
You can have two embedded pages but you will only make it more difficult for yourself.

Normally, there is one master page.
The master page has the same breakpoints as the pages that use it.
Elements that you do not need in mobile view can be hidden.
laros

Post by laros »

Is master page and embedded page the same?

But how can i have only 1 master page or 1 embedded page...if i need it for mobile and desktop version? I dont understand. I can hide it, but that is a huge amount of extra objects that needs to be hidden and renamed and it ruins the website.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Is master page and embedded page the same?
The concept is the same. But you can only have one master page per page. You can multiple embedded pages.
if i need it for mobile and desktop version?
You can use the same embedded page page for desktop and mobile. Only the layout is different.
but that is a huge amount of extra objects that needs to be hidden and renamed and it ruins the website.
You will have the same amount of elements whether or not you are using multiple embedded pages.
laros

Post by laros »

I haven't quite understood your last reply, so i will go back into my project and software and check what did you mean with that and how i can make it work properly.

I just wanted to thank you for your amazing job. Not only that you are making this software from scratch and that you are improving it all the time, but you are also very active at forum and always try to explain and help. Your effort is huge, and your software and your help means a lot! Once again, huge thank you for all your time and effort to help us all. I really appreciate what you do!