Simple Solution, but Cannot Figure it Out, Help

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Martin555

Simple Solution, but Cannot Figure it Out, Help

Post by Martin555 »

Hi good people of this forum,

I have a very annoying problem and after two days trying to figure what I have done wrong, I thought I would ask this good community for a pointer.

I am in the process of building a site, up until recently the contents of the webpages when looking at the preview would stay in the center of the page. I could adjust the size of the window I was using to preview the site, and everything was working perfectly, the objects would resize and move position dependent on the screen size.

Now I recently noticed that with newer pages that I have made when I preview them, the objects remain to the left top of the screen. It looks like the whole layer is set to align to the top left of the webpage and behind the header. I have looked and compared the settings with the old webpages that were designed and worked as they should, to the newer ones that will not preview correctly and the settings are exactly the same, so I do not know what I have done wrong. I must add that the header layer and footer layer that is set up in master page still work perfectly as in the text and objects remain centered in the page, no matter the size of the page.

The only thing is that has changed is that I updated the program to the latest version half way through this build, I am not saying this is the problem but it could be, maybe I have not set a setting that I had done on the previous version.

I am pretty sure there is a very simple solution, something that I have overlooked, and I ask if any of you could tell me to double check this or that and to see if it is all set up.

The ultimate goal is to have my webpage when previewing, that the contents of the main layers texts and objects, like the header layer and footer layer stay centered.

Yes I know someone will ask, why did you not put a center page layer on the master page, at the time when I started this project I was still learning and I did not require layers on all my webpages so I thought at the time. Also I cannot give you a link to the website nor give you my project files as it contains a subject matter that not everyone is comfortable with, so as I do not want to inadvertently upset someone, I rather not.

Thank you in advance for taking time to read this and any advice or pointers would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Martin.
Pablo

Re: Simple Solution, but Cannot Figure it Out, Help

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Please prepare a demo project so I can see all your settings.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134