Can't move images in breakpoints

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Trevor Johnson

Can't move images in breakpoints

Post by Trevor Johnson »

WWB 15.3.
I've read that an image in one breakpoint can be moved and/or resized in another. I also think I've seen something that says it doesn't yet work and will do in a future update. Can someone clarify this please? Could someone also enlighten me as to what 'Clone and hide' actually does, obviously it clones the object and then hides it, but where is the cloned object and how do you place it somewhere else? Otherwise, why not just use 'Hide'?
Thank you.
crispy68

Re: Can't move images in breakpoints

Post by crispy68 »

Images you insert can have different sizes in breakpoints.

From the Help: This option can be useful if you want to create a copy of an object and hide the original object. For example, if an object is not responsive and it needs different properties in another breakpoint.

So if an object couldn't be resized in a breakpoint without affecting all the breakpoints, you would create a clone, hide the original and resize the clone. Its basically just a quick way to create an identical object and let you manipulate the copy you just made.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Thanks Crispy, does your first answer also apply to moving the said image?
I've seen a video where an image was dragged into a layout grid, 2 b/points made and the image moved and the size changed in both breakpoints and I can't do that.
When I 'Clone and hide' I just get the hide part and, dumb though I may be, I can't see where the copied part is. I did read the help section that you quote but it didn't help me with that problem.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

does your first answer also apply to moving the said image
Yes, to a certain extent. If you simply place it on the workspace or inside a regular layer/floating layer then yes. Positioning is independent.

If the image is placed in say a layout grid, then it is bound by the layout grid properties. You cant have the image in a layout grid in the default view and then move the image to a different layout grid or layer in a breakpoint. In other words, you cant remove the image from the layout grid in a breakpoint without removing from all the breakpoints. You would have to duplicate it then.

if you drag an image into a layout grid, switch to the breakpoint and grab the bottom right corner of the image to resize it in the breakpoint. There is no need to clone it.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

O.k., thank you (again) for your time, I understand now.