[solved]Using adaptive images : no display in small Brkpts pblm

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
UncleEti1

[solved]Using adaptive images : no display in small Brkpts pblm

Post by UncleEti1 »

Hello everybody,

I have added a logo in the footer of my responsive master-page ( I am using layoutgrids too);
I am using viewports : 320px 480px 768px 800px 1024px 1600px

And my logo is in 3 sizes : small middle big

There is something I probably don't do OK.
When I choose one type of logo, I make invisible the others, of course. I have two issues :
-it 's difficult to find where are the logo(s) I need to make invisible. Why? because when I select them in the object master, then go to properties, actually those are the properties of the page which are appearing and I cannot see the position of the logos I want to hide.
-Ok you might say maybe it's enought to make the logos invisible in the object manager. No, if I do that, even once hidden, they keep appearing like here :
https://www.khenpo.fr/nonnes.html (down the page, one can see 4 times the logo)

Any solution would be appreciated because it makes the work very tiedous, of course.

Thank you again
Last edited by UncleEti1 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: one image in different size %different breakpoints pblm

Post by Pablo »

Note that I cannot see what you have done based on the HTML code. To be able to help you, I need a demo project.

If you want to add different sizes of the same image to the page then you can also use the 'Picture' object.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/picture.html
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

Thank you for the 2d solution which seems quicker.

I would have liked to put this picture of logo (with the alternative sizes) either near my responsive-menu in the header, either in the footer near my text-object. But it seems difficult. I tried many solution. No way. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What keeps you from doing this?
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

Ok, I found out the trick.

The problem : we want to put a text and an adaptive image (in my case a logo) in the footer. Text has to be responsive, image has to be adaptive (please refer to the tutorial link given above by marco. Be aware in the menu ribbon, it's called "picture" but in the GUI adaptive images)
In smaller breakpoints than defaut, we don't see our logo picture in the footer. It's there in the object manager, but when you select it inside the object-manager, it is the page-properties which open. First we cry then we can do this.

To access the position of the picture/image (at least with my computer problem, try and see!)

-Go to defaut page, where you should have since it's your starting point your footer with its text-object and logo-picture besides normally visible.
- Click on logo-picture>properties in this defaut viewport ;
- Go and click in the viewport where the logo-picture is invisible and out of reach too. The logo-picture properties windows won't close and you will have the position XY menu for getting it in the proper place. (be aware, it can be there but place under the footer. Then do arrange (move forward).

The issue : you're are at the beginning in defaut-view, with logo in the footer visible, but in the properties windows you have page, text, properties,whatever but not logo-picture properties, selected. If you go directly at the viewport-breakpoint where you're adapted picture should be and is hidden, when you will click on the picture/image properties, it is the page properties which will open.

Hope it helps ; took me time to get that.