Showing and scrolling layers *** UPDATED Aug-26-2012 ***

In this section you can announce self-made paid extensions.
*** THIS SECTION CONTAINS PAID EXTENSIONS ONLY ***
supersonictt

Re: Showing and scrolling layers *** UPDATED Aug-26-2012 ***

Post by supersonictt » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks a lot for spending some time describing the steps :) they worked %100.

In my case http://www.pulsecube.com it won't work.
Visit the site please, and click on "What we do", you can see that a pagination extension is in oc2 extension, what I want to change is the "SlideShow" with "jCarousel", so I guess I cannot use the iframe as a layer as it is within the pagination extension.

But I really appreciate the help you offered, and it might lead to a solution in my case, I will dig deeper ;)

Thanks a lot [rz] for the help :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 pm

well, as far as i can see, you are using a bit older version of the layers extensions set, i recommend you to update it.
second, you have an issue loading a resource.
i'm not familiar with the jcarousel extension, i thought it is the standard one that comes with wb, but i guess you are referring to another one that i don't know about it.
so, in just a few words, i'm not able to solve the issue, but you said it worked fine for you...

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:16 am

Hello [rz], how are you doing? Long time no see! Hope everything is going well with you.

I am wondering if something can be done using the extension, please have a look at this demo:
http://d2o0t5hpnwv4c1.cloudfront.net/04 ... index.html
You can see that the open/close button is attached to the layer.
Here is another example:
http://www.beyonce.com/i-was-here
The arrow on the left opens a panel (nevermind the full width of the panel, it is not what am looking for).

Adendum's extension "Tab Slide Out" does almost the same job but the icon doesn't change upon the click. In your extension, the icon changes, but I don't know if it is possible to attach the button to the layer.

The first link I provided has a tutorial on how to accomplish this, I still didn't read it fully, but I have a feeling that this can be done with your extension and am missing something.

I posted a thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=50723
It describes exactly what I want to do.
So before examining the tutorial I just wanted to ask about it :)

Thank :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 am

hello there;
for the first link i think this may be useful: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46800
for the second link, is not currently possible to change the position of the open/close icon.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello again [rz]

Would there be an update version that contains more open/close effects like fold, puff, ...etc? Because I tested these effects and they work.

Thank you :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm

hello;
thanks for your suggestion - i remember some time ago i had a private (positive) discussion about this topic.
i added only these effects that are logically applicable to both left to right and right to left environments.
i.e. blind horizontal works fine only in left to right pages, making it to work in right to left ones would take a lot of code just to patch the absence of blind directions. something similar occurs with blind vertical, we have only from top to bottom but not from bottom to top...
anyhow i will be testing again and double checking which effects can be added preserving the simplicity and the logic for both language types.
regards.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks for the quick response :)

Actually you are right, some effects do not make sense, but the "drop" effect might be useful as well...
I tested the "drop" effect and it worked with no issues (according to my humble tests), so you know better in these cases ;)

Thanks again [rz] :)

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello [rz], how are you doing?
One question: I have a shape on the index page, when it is clicked, it takes you to page1. On page one I have 2 layers with oc2 extension.
What I want is when I click on the shape on the index page it takes me to page1 and at the same time it opens the first layer, is it possible?

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:01 pm

hello there; once you click on the link to a page, you cannot make a special action in the destination page because it cannot know what you did in the previous page; unless, of course, you manage this with javascript/cookies.
if you need just a "fixed" action, you can call the myobject_open() function once the destination page is fully loaded.
hope this helps.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Thank you for the reply :)
Well, I was almost sure that this cannot be done unless using javascript. Using a function on page load will not be also possible, because in the real design, I have 10 layers, so it is impossible to be done. I found a workaround for this: to make 10 pages; page1 layer1 is visisble, page2 layer2 is visible and so on, and each link on the index page opens the related page :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:18 pm

if you use cookies, you don't need to repeat n times your target.
i thought you want the layer to be opened with the effect you indicated in their [associated extension] properties.
if you dont want use cookies, you can manage a parameter added in the link address, i.e. a fake bookmark, get the bookmark and according to its value you can call the proper myobjectid_open() function... just my cent

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Hmmm, am not sure i got your point, do you mind if i provide you with a sample project containing 4 layers?

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm

yes, but please note i won't develop the internal logic. unfortunately i haven't the time right now, and this is a bit beyond of the scope. hope you can understand and please don't get me wrong, i have a lot of pending things to do.

supersonictt

Post by supersonictt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

[rz], thank you for offering help. I just dont want to waste your time, so let me make it simple and try to get your point.
On the index page, there are 3 images; image1, image2 and image3. All images link to page1.
on page1 there are 3 oc2 extensions; oc21, oc22 and oc23. Text1, text2 and text3 open oc2 layers respectively.
image1 in index page is related to layer1 in page1 which is related to oc21 extension and so on for the rest of the images.
As i described in my previous post, clicking on image1 should open page1 and oc21, in this case there is no problem because oc21 will be already opened (the related layer will be set to visible). Now clicking image2 should open page1, hide oc21 and open oc22. Same thing for image3.
So i just would like to understand the bookmark trick if you can just describe it here in terms of my situation and objects naming i would really appreciate it.

thanjs a lot :)

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 pm

you can contact me privately with your project, will tweak it so you can understand the trick.
i'm porting a few websites to another servers/hosting and there are some things that don't work the same, so i'm also doing a few modifications to the codes. delays expected, hope you can understand me. i'm also a bit busy lately, too many things, sorry.