CMS question regarding page titles

Issues related to the CMS tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_tools.html
A lot of information about the Content Manager System can be found in the help/manual. Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the demo template that is include with the software.

CMS trouble shooting / FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43245
botev1921

CMS question regarding page titles

Post by botev1921 »

Good evening all. I have been using WYSIWYG for a while now and have always had issues configuring the CMS properly. I seem to have done well this time but have a rather odd issue I have tried everything with. Every time I post a new page and I do not designate a page title, the page is visible in the CMS Menu as a headline but the link is not active, namely I load a page with the url: /index.php?page= which is basically blank. Now if I insert a Title the page loads but then the title I have inserted removes the actual site name in the browser window. So if I have a page named "Page 22" it automatically removes the name of my site and it turns into Page 22. The question is, can I adjust this so the page names in my admin panel are not appearing on top of my entire website when loading the page in the CMS View or alternatively can I just name my pages "Page 1, 2, 3" without that actually showing on top instead of my site name. I am attaching screens of what I mean exactly.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Pablo

Re: CMS question regarding page titles

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have enabled 'use SEO friendly links'?
In that cases the title must be entered.
Actually you should always include a title, it is required to make the HTML valid.
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_title.asp
So if I have a page named "Page 22" it automatically removes the name of my site and it turns into Page 22.
This is normal browser behavior, unrelated to the CMS. Some browsers display the site name if your leave the title empty.
botev1921

Post by botev1921 »

Hey, thanks. Indeed the title tag is empty on my uploaded page and every time I select an article from the CMS Menu it changes it to the article's name. However, when I check the title in the HTML from the builder it states <title><?php echo $cms_title; ?></title>. Where and how can I change that? In the actual page properties the title is what I have intended but when published it changes to the aforementioned empty field and <?php echo $cms_title; ?>.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Where and how can I change that?
This code retrieves the title form the CMS database.
You will need to set the title in the CMS admin.