Sitemap Generator

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
pacstar

Sitemap Generator

Post by pacstar »

Hi Pablo,

Does the sitemap generator spider the website to create the sitemap, or does it only utilize the structure within WYSIWYG. For example, I have pages within my site that were not built using WYSIWYG, would they be included? Or do I need to continue to use a 3rd party generator.

Thanks
Pablo

Re: Sitemap Generator

Post by Pablo »

The sitemap tool only include pages that belong to the project.

If you want to include external pages then you can add them in the Site Manager as external file.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo,

Thanks for the answer. So, can I add the URL of my existing sitemap to the robots.txt file without having WYSIWYG create the sitemap file? I see I can give the sitemap generator the URL I want the .xml file in, but I assume that will not be added to the robots file unless WYSIWYG creates the xml file.

I already have a manually made robots.txt file for my sites, but I was trying to have WYSIWYG include it.

I used the SEO assistant, and that's why I'm trying to figure out how to "fix" some of the issues it finds.

Thanks again.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So, can I add the URL of my existing sitemap to the robots.txt file without having WYSIWYG create the sitemap file?
Yes. If you uncheck 'generate site map' then you can use your own (external) sitemap.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo,

Sorry I worded that incorrectly. I am already creating my own sitemap via a third party program. My question was, can the WYSIWYG "robots.txt" add my sitemap file location in it without using the WYSIWYG sitemap creator?

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

No, that is not possible.