Image aligning issue

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Sarjg

Image aligning issue

Post by Sarjg »

I have just upgraded to version 17 and also another note since I last used my software, I have upgraded to Windows 11. My issue is when I am trying to replace an existing image. When it replaces the image it moves the image to the top left of the page and won't allow me to freely place it on the page. I seem to be missing something simple in alignment or placement. What I have noticed is the table i have placed on the site. When I first made the site I placed all page items within a table. There were no issues. Now the table parameters wont allow me to move the objects within it. When I try to move anything it goes to the set table properties as top left alignment.
Last edited by Sarjg on Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Image aligning issue

Post by Pablo »

Maybe the image is inside a layout grid?
In that case, the size and position is controlled by the grid.

See this related tutorial:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

It seems to be a table issue.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

What I have noticed is the table i have placed on the site. When I first made the site I placed all page items within a table. There were no issues. Now the table parameters wont allow me to move the objects within it. When I try to move anything it goes to the set table properties as top left alignment.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

This is not isolated to my home page but within the whole site. I can no longer edit any pages as it will move all text and images to a set alignment.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think you are using flexible layout, instead of absolute/fixed.

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.

I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

Note that I cannot see what you have done based on the published page (HTML), because the software has thousands of options and millions of possible combinations.
So, there is no way to know which options you have used by looking at the HTML only.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

Here is a test file. Simple as it has only two items placed on the page. It has a table and a image. When I drag the image around it no longer allows it to stay where I put it within the table, but, realigns it to it's selected alignment. I have included my site to view to show that I have had this set up since I set up the site with version 11. Everything below the responsive menu is placed within said table on each page. Since upgrading to Windows 11 and the new version 17 I can no longer move the items in the table. I would have to rule out the new version as that is why I purchased it to see if it would resolve my issue. I am working on rebuilding the site without using the tables.

Test file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/13hHB67 ... sp=sharing

Web site - opendoormidwifery.com
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This has nothing to do with Windows 11 or Web Builder 17.

A table is a layout container, so if you drop an image inside the table then it will become a (floating) child element of the table.
To make image absolute/fixed again, simply drag it out of the table.
Or in the Object Manager, right click the image and select 'Remove from layer'.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

I will try what you suggest. My question is, Why did it stop working? If you say it's not a Windows or version issue. I have been updating my site for over 6 years with no issue. Upgrade, start the program and whalla!! doesn't work.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

cannot be removed from layer.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

From what you say then, my guess would be that it shouldn't have allowed me the freedom to move things around in the table when I originally built the site. It made it so easy to place objects within it with the freedom to place them anywhere within the table.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In the project, you have sent me, the image is inside the table, that is why you cannot freely move it. It is child element of the table.
My suggestions do work. I have tried them myself with your project.

Nothing has stopped working. You could never position objects inside a table freely. That is not how HTML tables work.
Maybe you have previous placed the objects on top on under the table?
To prevent the table from being a drop container you can (temporarily) lock it.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

The issue has been resolved as for some reason all the pages within the site the table has become unlocked. Locking the table as you said allows me to freely move the objects.
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

Ok, So I said all was resolved but for some reason when I preview my website in the browser, it distorts all text boxes placed on the site. When I merge the object onto the page it resolves it but it takes the link out of the text. So I started a new project and add a new text box it will not contain the set parameters when it previews the page. I set it to size 18 text but it will preview 54 and overflow over images. It is making my site impossible to work with. I thought if I'd start fresh it would not do this. I have not had any of these issues prior to upgrading my system. If I reinstall an earlier version I get the same results. The page looks good on the software but the preview distorts the text boxes.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.

Note that most text related issues are related to the DPI configuration.
See also this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... hp?t=85917
Sarjg

Post by Sarjg »

Perfect, Thanks Pablo as that helped the issue. Just a few settings got changed with the upgrade. Appreciate the help.