Lightbox and lightbox addons problem

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Pablo

Re: Lightbox and lightbox addons problem

Post by Pablo »

some other things happend in the system folder,; the extensions was erased, I can see other folders being emptied to... cliparts, iconlibrarys, the settings for the ftp in the publish tool are also gone?
The sofwtar will never erase these files, so if they were eraser then something else must have done this.

Note however that the lightboxes should not be in the system folder. They should be in the application folder.
If I erase the "Wysiwyg Web Builder" folder from the Documents folder before installing the latest update 17.1.1, do I get a clean installation then?
This folder contains user files, like documents, templates, extensions and publish settings. Normally, this folder should not be deleted because then you will loose all your work and configuration.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Just wonder... Because I updated to wwb 17. Does the version 17.1.1 update file on "Download" page make a totally new clean installation if I Erase the Wysiwyg Web Builder folder in Documents folder?
Sorry for being energic about this. But I have always updated to new versions so I really don't know the behaviour if doing this. :roll:
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no difference to the way you can update to 17.1.1. It works the same as how it always did.
If you want a complete new installation then first remove everything, but make sure that you have a backup!
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:06 pm There is no difference to the way you can update to 17.1.1. It works the same as how it always did.
If you want a complete new installation then first remove everything, but make sure that you have a backup!
I know Pablo... I must have done something stupid, but can not recall?! I erased/uninstalled all wwb files except for the wwb 16 program folder. I installed wwb 17. Copied all extensions and extra files as clipart to their places. Then I took all setting files in wwb system folder from my office machine that also runs wwb 17.
Started wwb, did not get any prompt for serial no? Opened the project and same problem???
I shall now copy and open the project in my office machine. The difference between my home and office machine is that office running on Windows 10 and home pc on Windows 11.

The only thing I can remember I have changed in the machine the last days was removing the Java software... because I got a message telling I have not use Java for 6 month so it's better uninstall. But I will install again and test :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website