Lightbox and lightbox addons problem

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Bluesman

Lightbox and lightbox addons problem

Post by Bluesman »

Using WWB 17.1.1 latest update
Having problem with a simple Photo Gallery set to open in a "Slimbox" which doesn't appear as expected, see the first Gallery/pic on this side:
https://www.chevere.ec/archivoblomberg/ ... iones.html

The other galleries under, which are "Justified Gallery Pro" opens as expected ?
I'm using the jquery-3.6.0.min.js in my page settings.

Testing backward/forward trial'n error I finally installed all the "Lightbox addons" for check if someone of them worked and could be used for the project. Installed them to the wwb 17 folder on 64-bit program folder as in ex 1. After restarting and opening the wwb project I get a lot of unrelated options in the "Type" field, see ex 3. Are not the correct names for the lightboxes I installed ?
How can I correct this problem... and looking in the folder for the software that are in Documents folder as in ex 2: looks almost the same as where I installed the addons... is this correct.
- Which is the correct installation folder:
- Can all addons be installed to wwb 17?
- Are there different jquery versions for different adons... and the ones that are installed with the software?

ex 1:

ex 2:

ex 3:
"Make My Day"

See my Website
crispy68

Re: Lightbox and lightbox addons problem

Post by crispy68 »

I added the photo gallery and justified Gallery pro to the page both set to open with slimbox. Both worked ok for me. I didn't notice any issues. Have you tried removing everything from the page 1 object at a time to see if something else on the page is causing the issue? Have you copied those 2 galleries to a page of their own and previewed to see if the same issue exists?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It looks like you have copied all scripts in the same folder?
Lightbox scripts must be in their own folder.
/slimbox
/PrettyPhoto
/facebox
/colorbox

Also, beware that some of these (third party) scripts are pretty old so they may not work with jQuery 3.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Pablo and crispy. Thanks for answering. Cleaned up the "lightbox" folder... so now that looks ok. But regarding the Photo Gallery it doesn't work correct with any of the types of lightboxes or any jquery version. In other galleries and sliders it works.
I attach a test project that doesent work correct:
https://www.chevere.ec/web_storage/test_slimbox.zip
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Your project works for me.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:13 pm Your project works for me.
I'm stunned... can it be some other settings in wwb that are different that doesn't follow the project?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you sure the folder structure is now correct?
What is the exact error?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:13 pm Your project works for me.
I have now done some tests... all galleries in the project that were made some days agoo works. but if I go into a gallery and change the pics... it starts to act wrong.
One question... did you see the wierd function in the link I have in the 1st post? Or does it work exactly like the other galleries on the page?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:53 pm Are you sure the folder structure is now correct?
What is the exact error?
The lightbox in the gallery that works wrong open up and fill all the page and some parts goes down below... not as the working "slimbox" that opens elegant centered in the page with the right skin.
And no mather which type of gallery I scoose it loks the same...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:53 pm Are you sure the folder structure is now correct?
What is the exact error?
I erased all files and folders from the lightbox folder in wwb system. Then I copied all lightbox folders from the wwb 16 lightbox folder that works correct. Now it looks like it shall in the lightbox type dropdown... in wwb 17.

One odd thing that happend when I did this was that all extensions was gone next time I opened wwb. So I had to install all extensions again...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have changed the system folder?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=76719
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 pm Maybe you have changed the system folder?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=76719
Hi Pablo. I erased all from the lightbox folder in both the wwb 17 folder in Softwares folder on C-disk and the lightbox folder in system folder that is in wysiwyg folder inside documents folder. Then I copied from the wwb 16 to these folders.
Surely something happend because all extensions disappeared when open wwb next time and other files from the system folder.
So I will do a new fresh installation of the software.
Whish is the best way to do this? Shall I deleate wwb 17 with the function in controlpanel or how? Shall I download the latest version 17.1.1 for new installation?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Re-installing will not change the configuration.

If it works with WWB16 then all you will have to is copy the entire lightbox folder to the WB17 folder.
The functionality has not changed so it should work the same (with the same settings)
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 pm Re-installing will not change the configuration.

If it works with WWB16 then all you will have to is copy the entire lightbox folder to the WB17 folder.
The functionality has not changed so it should work the same (with the same settings)
Thanks for info Pablo... but as I told you, some other things happend in the system folder,; the extensions was erased, I can see other folders being emptied to... cliparts, iconlibrarys, the settings for the ftp in the publish tool are also gone?
Seams I must make a new install from scratch and install all extras and settings i've done. This happend after erased and copied from the wwb 16. I also did a update from the download page...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 pm Re-installing will not change the configuration.

If I erase the "Wysiwyg Web Builder" folder from the Documents folder before installing the latest update 17.1.1, do I get a clean installation then?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

some other things happend in the system folder,; the extensions was erased, I can see other folders being emptied to... cliparts, iconlibrarys, the settings for the ftp in the publish tool are also gone?
The sofwtar will never erase these files, so if they were eraser then something else must have done this.

Note however that the lightboxes should not be in the system folder. They should be in the application folder.
If I erase the "Wysiwyg Web Builder" folder from the Documents folder before installing the latest update 17.1.1, do I get a clean installation then?
This folder contains user files, like documents, templates, extensions and publish settings. Normally, this folder should not be deleted because then you will loose all your work and configuration.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Just wonder... Because I updated to wwb 17. Does the version 17.1.1 update file on "Download" page make a totally new clean installation if I Erase the Wysiwyg Web Builder folder in Documents folder?
Sorry for being energic about this. But I have always updated to new versions so I really don't know the behaviour if doing this. :roll:
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no difference to the way you can update to 17.1.1. It works the same as how it always did.
If you want a complete new installation then first remove everything, but make sure that you have a backup!
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:06 pm There is no difference to the way you can update to 17.1.1. It works the same as how it always did.
If you want a complete new installation then first remove everything, but make sure that you have a backup!
I know Pablo... I must have done something stupid, but can not recall?! I erased/uninstalled all wwb files except for the wwb 16 program folder. I installed wwb 17. Copied all extensions and extra files as clipart to their places. Then I took all setting files in wwb system folder from my office machine that also runs wwb 17.
Started wwb, did not get any prompt for serial no? Opened the project and same problem???
I shall now copy and open the project in my office machine. The difference between my home and office machine is that office running on Windows 10 and home pc on Windows 11.

The only thing I can remember I have changed in the machine the last days was removing the Java software... because I got a message telling I have not use Java for 6 month so it's better uninstall. But I will install again and test :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website