Any ideas if the inbuilt 'footer' blocks work ??

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
gray

Post by gray »

I have deleted the footer from the master_demo_layoutgrid.wbs and inserted a footer block from the inbuilt footers. None of them locate themselves as a footer (ie bottom of page), but attach them to the bottom of the header.

Is this right? Any advice please.
Pablo

Re: Any ideas if the inbuilt 'footer' blocks work ??

Post by Pablo »

Most footers are just layout grid so if you insert them to the page then will be inserted at the current row.
You can use the arrange tools to move the footer to the end of the page or in the setting set the mode to 'footer'.
gray

Post by gray »

Hi - I see that the arrange tools, moves the layout grids up and down.

But it only moves them within themselves, and it does not move anything to the bottom of the page ie footer.

Sorry for being a bit thick, but any idea where the 'setting' is to set the mode to 'footer'.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Object properties, select 'footer' from the 'position' item at the bottom of the page. This applies to layout grids which I use as a footer - I then put things into that which I want at the bottom of each page.

Alan
gray

Post by gray »

Ok - thanks for that info.

Got the footer at the bottom of the page. But it does not like moving the address/contact/info element to just above the footer.

Must be able to do it, as its a repetative element, along with the footer.

alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Ah, so you want the social media to also be a footer. Is that correct?

Can you post your .wbs file somewhere (like dropbox) and provide a link so we can see what you have done?

Alan
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

They both can't be footers. However, you could nest the layout grid (with the social icons) inside another grid and then put the copyright inside this same grid under the social icons grid and then set that as your footer.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Thanks Crispy - good idea.

I was going to suggest something similar, but try and modify the wbs file for him.
gray

Post by gray »

Yes that works, putting a layout grid into a layout grid, then change it to a footer (Properties/layout grid/general/position).

Strangley 'maybe' is that you cannot insert directly a layout grid into a layout grid. You can only insert a new layout grid below the existing grid. Then click and drag the new layout into the existing.

Also a slight odd one is that you cannot resize a text box using the horizontal side 'markers', but you can use the corner 'markers'.

crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

When text is inside a layout grid, it defaults to be 100% width of the container/grid it is in. This allows for the text to wrap as the screen gets smaller. That's the great thing about grids! However, if you need the text size to be a fixed size, you can uncheck the full width property in the text object properties. I would not do this unless it is needed for certain circumstances. Based on your photo, Why are you trying to change the size of the text box?