Background Image sizing

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ACBeecher

Background Image sizing

Post by ACBeecher »

Using WBS17. Using Drinks template. Started with trying to change the first image of a can to my image. My image is not fully displayed.
The vertical height is too short. Clicking on Properties of ID "intro". Size is 970,420. I think I need to increase the Y size from 420 to whatever.
Changing it has no effect on the display of the image. I think I need to do something a layout grid the image is contained in. Clicking brings up a Layout Grid Properties dialog Window but it shows a blue 12x column not image. If I change the Top Padding to a higher number than it originally was, from 80 to 420 then the height of my image changes so it is totally visible. That was my goal. My problem is I solved my issue without really understanding what I was doing. I want to understand how to properly use your software. I think it is your software is great. Can you help? I appreciate your input.
ACBeecher

Re: Background Image sizing

Post by ACBeecher »

Actually I did a Preview of the page. The top 25% of the Background Image is cut off, not displayed in the browser, even though in the editor the whole image is viewable. Thank you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note it's very unlikely that the size of the layout grid has the exact same aspect ratio of as the image, because the height of the grid is determined by its content.
So no matter which settings you use, the background image will always be clipped. This is not specific to the software.

If you want to display the full image then you will need to insert as a standard image.
ACBeecher

Post by ACBeecher »

Thank you for the reply. You told me what I am doing wrong but can you explain what I need to need correctly to use my own images. I understand movies have a 16:9 aspect ratio. My understanding of images is that they have a specific pixel height and pixel width. How do I match
a the size of a Flex Grid to an Image size so I can use the Drinks template for my own purposes?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The "Drinks' template does not use flexgrids, it uses standard layout grids.

To display an image with its original aspect ratio, just drag & drop the image to a grid cell.