Navigation Bar & Hover Style on Current Page

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
FastBikerBoy

Navigation Bar & Hover Style on Current Page

Post by FastBikerBoy »

Hi all

I'm relatively new to web page creation and just purchased WYSIWYG Web builder, so definitely new to the program having previously used NVU.

I have a master page in my project. So far there are only 6 pages plus the master page which I am using as a template for all other pages. The master page has my logo and a navigation bar in it and is excluded from the navigation bar.

The navigation bar is set to colorize my buttons when they are hovered over, this works fine on all pages. The option to "Use hover style to indicate the current page" is also set and here is the problem/bug.

When I preview the various pages they all work as expected including the links, except the highlighted button in the navigation bar is always the last button/page, regardless of the page actually being displayed. In this instance I have the following pages. "Home", "Bio", "Pics & Vids", "Gigs", "Contact", & "More Info"

Fore example if I preview "Home", the navigation bar has "More info" highlighted. If I then click on "Gigs", the navigation bar responds as expected and the page changes to "Gigs" but it is still "More info" highlighted in the navigation bar.

If I change the page order in the site manager the highlighted button shifts accordingly so it is still the last page button highlighted. i.e. It doesn't appear the problem is hard wired to a page. So for example if I change order of the last two pages so "Contact" is before "More Info" and repeat my example above it will be the button "Contact" that is highlighted in all pages.

I hope that all makes sense.

Is this a bug, a limitation of the preview function or (more likely) my lack of understanding?

Any help or ideas much appreciated. Thanks.
Pablo

Re: Navigation Bar & Hover Style on Current Page

Post by Pablo »

This is expected behavior, if the menu is on a master then the option 'Use hover style to indicate the current page" will not work because the current page is the master page.

See also the notes about this in the help.
FastBikerBoy

Re: Navigation Bar & Hover Style on Current Page

Post by FastBikerBoy »

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Understood I'll check it out.