Just bought v17, huge PITA to buy and now won't launch

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Astro

Just bought v17, huge PITA to buy and now won't launch

Post by Astro »

I love WebBuilder! I've owned many version from v6 to v12. I was happy to see the v17 bundle Black Friday sale! The 3rd party billing was untrusted by my banks and kept declining and my phone was blowing up with alerts. I finally got one to work.

I then downloaded v17 x64. The startup window came up and I entered my reg # and activated. All seemed well and it attempted an auto re-launch. However, it never re-launched so I tried to launch it myself... no joy.

Restarted my PC and tried many more times. I can see the initial screen pop up for a second then disappear. I checked my firewall settings and allowed v17, just in case. I never had to do this before but v6 was in there so I did the same for v17. Still nothing.

I'm running Win10 Pro (64 bit) fully updated.

Please help,
---Frank
alan_sh

Re: Just bought v17, huge PITA to buy and now won't launch

Post by alan_sh »

Frank,

Uninstall it, remove whatever you can find in the registry (regedit) and then reinstall it. Don't register - just start it up. Does it work? Good - then exit and restart it. If not, try a different PC. What happens on that one?

Does it start again? If not, try another PC.

If it does, now enter your reg key and then exit the program. Does it now restart OK?

Alan
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Do you have additional security software other than the firewall?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:49 pm Do you have additional security software other than the firewall?
Just what came with Win10; Win Security or Defender, whatever they call it now.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Did you check your ransomeware protection settings? Maybe there is a lock on the folder access?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Astro

Post by Astro »

alan_sh wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:48 pm Frank,

Uninstall it, remove whatever you can find in the registry (regedit) and then reinstall it. Don't register - just start it up. Does it work? Good - then exit and restart it. If not, try a different PC. What happens on that one?

Does it start again? If not, try another PC.

If it does, now enter your reg key and then exit the program. Does it now restart OK?

Alan
I'll try on another PC before uninstalling it here. NOT at all comfortable with regedit.
---Frank
Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:02 pm Did you check your ransomeware protection settings? Maybe there is a lock on the folder access?
"Controlled Folder Access" is currently "off".
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is not a known issue. If there were any known issues with software then these would have already been fixed.
So to be able to help you, you will need to give more details.

For example, are there any errors in the log of your firewall, virusscanner or system event log?
Are you using the latest update of the software?

Note there is no technical difference between the non activated and activated version of the software. It's the exact same software. So, there should not be any difference behavior after the activation.
This is most likely related to system permission or security settings.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Before I dig in deeper...
When the initial screen first came up, I was asked if I wanted to migrate the setting from my old version to the new version and I clicked "yes".
I have also not uninstalled v12 and a couple other old versions of WebBuilder. Would that matter?
---Frank
Astro

Post by Astro »

Uninstalled and reinstalled (no regedits made), same issue. "Run as admin" Win asks to allow, click yes, start screen flashes and disappears like always.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Do you have a lot of programs running? Or a lot of extensions?

Astro

Post by Astro »

I remember during the original install, the setup also installed 2 C++ redistributables. I assume this was normal?
---Frank
Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 pm Do you have a lot of programs running? Or a lot of extensions?
Since my restart, I only reopened Win LiveMail and Chrome (7 tabs). No Chrome extensions added.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

I was referring to extensions from older versions of WWB. A lot of extensions may be causing memory load. Trying to shoot all questions so hopefully Pablo and/or you hit the solution.

Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:57 pm I was referring to extensions from older versions of WWB. A lot of extensions may be causing memory load. Trying to shoot all questions so hopefully Pablo and/or you hit the solution.
Gotcha. I never added any extensions to WB in the past. I did buy the extensions this time but never got to the point of even downloading them.

I just browsed around in regedit and the only references to WB are very basic... icon and .exe paths. a couple others are set to "default". Not sure if they are from this install or one of the older installs.

I appreciate the help! :)
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Well, it's a friendly forum :) Did you try to uninstall without removing anything manually (from registry) and doing a fresh install where you first unzip the setup.exe from the zipfile prior to launching it?

Astro

Post by Astro »

Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:07 pm This is not a known issue. If there were any known issues with software then these would have already been fixed.
So to be able to help you, you will need to give more details.

For example, are there any errors in the log of your firewall, virusscanner or system event log?
Are you using the latest update of the software?

Note there is no technical difference between the non activated and activated version of the software. It's the exact same software. So, there should not be any difference behavior after the activation.
This is most likely related to system permission or security settings.
I found this using the event viewer/windows logs/applications...
----------------------
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 11/25/2021 4:49:25 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: FranksOffice
Description:
Fault bucket 1926718484851568910, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: WebBuilder.exe
P2: 17.0.4.0
P3: 619367fc
P4: WebBuilder.exe
P5: 17.0.4.0
P6: 619367fc
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000002d9f39
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF28F.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3B9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3D9.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3E7.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF427.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WebBuilder.exe_f7dbbc1e2fbaf32d23d375da71db797f83b21d_31a51270_d3c1b0fe-680d-445d-9e6c-b1d1498f4629

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0c8a6bf9-05b4-46c1-867e-e9b91f123830
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 5a65e0f3cf294abb8abd1440f7c1b10e
Cab Guid: 0
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-25T21:49:25.7902306Z" />
<EventRecordID>36512</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>FranksOffice</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>1926718484851568910</Data>
<Data>4</Data>
<Data>APPCRASH</Data>
<Data>Not available</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>WebBuilder.exe</Data>
<Data>17.0.4.0</Data>
<Data>619367fc</Data>
<Data>WebBuilder.exe</Data>
<Data>17.0.4.0</Data>
<Data>619367fc</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000002d9f39</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF28F.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3B9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3D9.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF3E7.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF427.tmp.txt</Data>
<Data>\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WebBuilder.exe_f7dbbc1e2fbaf32d23d375da71db797f83b21d_31a51270_d3c1b0fe-680d-445d-9e6c-b1d1498f4629</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>0c8a6bf9-05b4-46c1-867e-e9b91f123830</Data>
<Data>268435456</Data>
<Data>5a65e0f3cf294abb8abd1440f7c1b10e</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:17 pm Well, it's a friendly forum :) Did you try to uninstall without removing anything manually (from registry) and doing a fresh install where you first unzip the setup.exe from the zipfile prior to launching it?
Yes I did.

Note: I am now at my other location using a similar PC setup, Win10 etc. I just downloaded and installed WB v17 without any issues! WTH?
Unfortunately I cannot use this PC for doing my site work on a day to day basis. I really need to get it working on my main PC.
---Frank
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Can you compare what updates have been installed by Windows? Are they the same on both computers?

Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:26 pm Can you compare what updates have been installed by Windows? Are they the same on both computers?
I copied the version data and sent it to my other location. I can compare them when I get there.
Astro

Re: Just bought v17, huge PITA to buy an... RESOLVED...But...

Post by Astro »

I found the problem and it was a nightmare to fix...

The 3rd party seller (Option# 1 on your purchase page; 2CheckOutSupport) sent me a download link the WBv17 that I used the first time. After install, WB would not launch. I tried several fixes and none worked. I then uninstalled it and downloaded a fresh zip file from the actual WB website (this one). After install, same problem. After a ton of trouble shooting, I did a total system restore going back 5 days to remove the bad install. When I went back into my downloads to try the install again, I noticed the 2 zip files (1 from the 3rd party link and the other direct from this site) were not the same size! The setup file from the 3rd party link was smaller and dated 10/8/21!

So, of course, I installed the setup I got direct from this site and it all worked perfectly! The reg code I got in the email did work correctly and I was able to activate.
Please note that 2CheckOutSupport is linking to a bad file. How many people are using their links and downloading bad files?

And now the next problem...
I didn't just buy the WB software, I bought the $99.95 bundle which includes a ton of extensions. So the confirmation email still contains 7 more links to the extensions I bought. Do I trust those?

What a mess. In all of the versions I bought over the years, I've never had issues like this.
---Frank
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can trust all the file that were sent by the reseller. It is exactly the same software as you download from the website.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:50 am You can trust all the file that were sent by the reseller. It is exactly the same software as you download from the website.
I will be happy to send you the file I received via their link so you can see that it is not the same. Just let me know how/where to send it.

---Frank
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can send the file to support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com

Please note that no one else has ever had this issue, so I think it's very unlikely that something was wrong with the file(s).
Otherwise this forum would be full of related posts about this.

But if you send me the file(s) then I will take a look at this.
All files that are distributed have been digitally signed by me personally, so they can be easily verified.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

I have had a download from the reseller that was older than the one on wysiwygwebbuilder.com. The zip files with the extensions were fine, though. But you should get them because the links will expire I believe. Then you should still be able to get them from wysiwygwebbuilder.com but you could get them now.

Astro

Post by Astro »

Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:00 am You can send the file to support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com

Please note that no one else has ever had this issue, so I think it's very unlikely that something was wrong with the file(s).
Otherwise this forum would be full of related posts about this.

But if you send me the file(s) then I will take a look at this.
All files that are distributed have been digitally signed by me personally, so they can be easily verified.
I just sent the file but it seemed to leave my outbox rather quickly considering the file size. Let me know if you got it. Thanks!
---Frank
Astro

Post by Astro »

jerryco wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:52 am I have had a download from the reseller that was older than the one on wysiwygwebbuilder.com. The zip files with the extensions were fine, though. But you should get them because the links will expire I believe. Then you should still be able to get them from wysiwygwebbuilder.com but you could get them now.
Good point! Extensions now downloaded. Thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for your email.
The file seems to be ok. So, I do not think there is anything wrong with the file.
But your firewall or virus scanner may have accidentally flagged it as unsafe, however I can ensure you that the file is safe.

If you have any doubt, the you can verify this here:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload