Header and Footer Question

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mfirlotte

Header and Footer Question

Post by mfirlotte »

Hi All.

I've just finished designing a project-specific mini-shopping cart in PHP and mySQL. So far all works great.

I then built a small WYSIWYG project of one page, with an included master frame for header and footer, that shows a small catalogue of pictures each with an Add-to-Cart button that calls a Javascript function to load the PHP AddToCart.php file.

And this too works very well.

Problem is though, that after an item it added to the database, it automatically calls up the ShowCart.php page. And of course, now I do not have the WYSIWYG look and feel of my master frame. I tried, in WYSIWYG, to View HTML of the page and copy/paste that into the PHP file as it creates the show cart HTML code but that got really, really messy and didn't work.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====
crispy68

Re: Header and Footer Question

Post by crispy68 »

do you have a link to a page where we can see it in action and what it is doing?
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Sure.

Here's the test entrance page...
https://cuttingboards.firlottecreations.com/mfsc/

No worries...all data and actions are test and no payments are made or asked.

This page and the next are done in WYSIWYG. There after is all PHP, server side, where I'd like to give it the same WYSIWYG header and footer.

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

From viewing the link and the other pages it shows that they were not made with the software but are a third party script. Please note in general help with the likes isn't supported. But with this said you can try the following:
1) Make a "New" page of its own Header and Footer.
2) Add a iFrame Object to the page and in its settings include the url to the cart (show cart).
3) On the shopping page the add to cart button the onclick should direct to the "New' page with the iFrame which should display the show cart.

4) Create another "New" page as mentioned above this time the iFrame should include the url to the checkout page.
5) As above on the cart page this time onclick of the text checkout now 2nd iFrame it should point to the iFrame (4).
This should help to make the same layout on all pages. A note of caution this may or may not work due to security of the cart not allowing pages to be viewed in a iframe if this is the case then there may be be another way please try this first.
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Wow...thanks BaconFries...this is very helpful. I will give this a go and see how it turns out.

If not, I will have to make manual header and footers and include in my PHP files. Not the best for long term maintenance but is a last resort.

Thanks again.
====
Mitch
====
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Hi BaconFries...just wanted to get back to you on this topic so I didn't leave you hanging.

iFrames sort of worked but introduced other issues like recursive iframes within iframes when I linked back and forth.

But...good news...I learned how to show a dialog with the contents of the cart. So that's a bonus for me.

Confusing going back and forth between HTML, Javascript, and PHP. But once you get it right, it works well. Always have to be thinking of whether I'm on the client side coding or the server side coding and then, write your code accordingly.

Again...thanks for helping but I'm good now.
====
Mitch
====