Text Location Error

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mcruss

Text Location Error

Post by mcruss »

What started out as a simple edit has become a nightmare. I simply want to add a line of text with a link to a file. But regardless of where I place the new line of text, even though it looks fine in Preview, after publishing it shows up in the upper left corner of the page! I've exhausted my knowledge and seek that of the forum.
jerryco

Re: Text Location Error

Post by jerryco »

Did you add (php) code to the page at any point?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

Nope.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

There is no difference between preview and publishing. If it looks good in preview but not when published to your server, then it usually means you did not upload all of the files to the server. Sounds like a CSS issue to me. Make sure the new CSS file has been uploaded. In the publisher window make sure Publish all files is chosen.
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

I know there should be no difference between Preview and Publish. And, yes, I did upload all files...twice....It doesn't matter if I link the text or not, still puts it in the upper left of the page. The page consists of four other lines of text, each with a link to a file. All of them work fine. It is just when I try to add a line of text that it fails.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Do you have a link to the page? Can you provide a demo project of just the page you are having issues with?
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

Here's the page.

file:///C:/Users/ProUser/AppData/Local/Temp/preview/news.html

This is the Preview, the way it should look. I've modified it to remove some personal info.
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

Oh, the last 'linked' line of text is the culprit "Railing and door painting pricing"
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

How did you add the text did you copy and paste from a external source? If so this could be the issue. Note it is not recommended to do this as it will usually be contain invaild characters. If you must it is always best to copy to notepad first then copy to the page. Note we cannot view the link you have provided as this in on your PC and only you can view. Please either upload the page alone to your host and provide a url to download or just post a url.
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

The text was not copied and pasted but rather "insert text" was used. And it doesn't matter when on the page it is inserted, it still ends up at the upper left.
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

Oh, right, wasn't thinking when I gave the link to the preview.
Here is the URL:

http://www.championsruncondos.com/news.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Then to help you please provide either a url to the page in question or provide a "Demo" project page which you can upload to your host and post a link to download from. As mentioned the link you gave can only be viewed by yourself as it is on your PC which we have no access to.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The page looks correct for me.
Where exactly on the page do I need to look to see the problem?

Maybe there is a problem with your browser cache?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I also do not see any issue with a text link. Make sure you always do a browser hard refresh (control F5) so that it loads a fresh page and you are not viewing a cached page with old info.
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

I do not believe it! Over night it 'fixed' itself! Honestly, it was there! Now I'm rally perplexed but I'll just move on. Thanks for all the assistance, who really knows what the issue was?
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

It’s those fairies again that come out at night and fix things when we are all asleep. :D