Lost pages

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
AlanT

Lost pages

Post by AlanT »

I have downloaded the latest version #17 and have a problem. On opening the program to edit my web pages I find that half of the pages listed on the right hand side are missing. They are showing when I open the website but I cannot find them anywhere on my computer, Even the backup does not have them. I opened the previous version of WYSIWYG but of course the files would not open as I had opened them with the new version. Is there a way to download them back from the website so that I can edit them?
bkjohns

Re: Lost pages

Post by bkjohns »

What do you mean you can't find the pages? They are not individual files on your computer but part of the .wbs project file. Do you mean you get nothing to open in the workspace window of WWB when you double click on a page name?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe there was an error message when you loaded the project?
For example, maybe extensions were missing?
AlanT

Post by AlanT »

Thank you for the speedy reply from Pablo and bkJohns.

In reply to Pablo, yes there was an error message saying that Simple Viewer needed to be loaded but it was already listed under the extensions so I assumed it was loaded. I clicked on the Extensions button but could not find Simple Viewer on there.

In reply to bkJohns, I realise that they are not individual files. On the right hand side of the screen having loaded a project I have a list of pages for that project, there are about 22 pages showing at the moment but there should be another 12 at least and those I can find no trace.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You will need to make sure that all extensions are installed befroe you open the project otherwise not all pages can be loaded.
If you ignore this error and save the project, then the pages may get lost.

Maybe you installed the 64bit version of the software, but did not update extensions to 64bit?
AlanT

Post by AlanT »

Thanks Pablo
You must excuse me but I am somewhat illiterate regarding setting web sites up, even though I have been using yours for several years now so my apologies for what may be stupid questions.

So, to install Simple Viewer which I find on the left hand side of the screen under WYSIWYG Web Builder Extensions, I have right clicked it and then clicked "install extension" but then it comes up as if I am looking for it in my own computer files. Where do I go from here? How do I install it please?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

After installing, do you still get the error when you load the project?
AlanT

Post by AlanT »

I am sorry Pablo but you didn’t answer my question. I asked, how do I install the Simple Viewer. I can click on it now and them place it on a page and put pictures in so I assume it is already installed. If it is installed then to answer your last question, “No”, I do not get the error message but nor do I have my missing pages. As I can’t find them anywhere on my computer I can only assume they are lost.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can install the extension via the Extension Manager or manually copy the file(s) to the extensions folder.

If you have saved the project when it was not completely loaded then the pages will no longer be in the project.
That is why a warning is displayed when open it without the extension installed.
In that case, you will have to open a backup of the project.