.ico icon naming

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
rogerl

.ico icon naming

Post by rogerl »

Since doing my web site my favicon has been named Favicon.ico. I am now having error reports from users saying my contact error form is failing and when I check through the browser it is trying to "get ......./favicon.ico and is getting a 404 error because that file does not exist. Is this web builder coding or browser trying to enforce some file name standard?
Update:
I have tried putting a renamed favicon.ico in my main directory and in the images folder and browsers still come up with the same error.
Further update:
I have never had an error file entered in the re-captcha, relying on the form to deal with this. Now when I enter an error file for the re-captcha the problem with the file name disappears and it all works again.
Pablo

Re: .ico icon naming

Post by Pablo »

I doubt that this has anything to do with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
The software does not force this name. However, some browsers always look this file even if it's not in the HTML.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Still strange that everything has worked up to now, or recent times, and both Firefox and Chrome had same problem. I guess some new standard has just highlighted a problem I caused through not having an error file for re-captcha.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you sure this is related to recaptcha?
I think the favicon message will be displayed whether or not you are using recaptcha.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

I'm not sure about anything. All I know is when I discovered I had no error file for that field in re-captcha and rectified it the file name error went away and all worked as expected. I monitored the process under f12 on the browsers (both) and no faults were detected.