Unresponsive pic

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
donjohnson24

Unresponsive pic

Post by donjohnson24 »

Although I do not use WWB very much nowadays, I have just upgraded to ver 17 and decided to add a picture to one of my web pages - http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk/springprog.html - but the new picture of the Compression Spring Checker does not shrink when I reduce my browser size, although texts behave as expected.
I have the image set to Full Width.
I seem to vaugely recall something about responsive attibutes being moved in ver 16, but at the age of 81, I can't remember any details.
Could some kind person assist an old man, please.
Pablo

Re: Unresponsive pic

Post by Pablo »

The maximum width of the image is set to 226 pixels so the image will not scale larger than this.
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

My problem is with the other pic - the view of the spring checker screen
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Yes, I was referring to that image.
If you want the image to scale then you will need to increase the maximum width.
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

The Maximum width on the TOP image - which is the one I would like to SHRINK, was set to 650. Now at 1024, but still won't get smaller as the text does.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.
If you need further assistance then please share a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.

Note: I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

Please see this FAQ for further details:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

Hi Pablo,
Thanks for taking time to look at my problem.
Hopefully, the files you need are at http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk/deleted/
The 'springprog' page is the one to which I am trying to add a responsive view of the spring testing screen
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Based on what I can see is, you have a border added to the image but no actual border is showing up which is causing some bad code. You also have the object-fit set to scale-down. For me it is scaling correctly; however, I would suggest to delete the image and try re-inserting it into the layout grid. Set your max width to the width you want and set full width = true for it to scale.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It also works for me.
What do I need to to to see the problem?
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

When you said it worked for you, I tried Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari, and the image reduces as expected in all three.
(The text box containing the Spring Design/Checking Program text looks a little odd when zooming in Micosoft Edge !!)

So, it appears to be a problem peculiar to the Mozilla Firefox browser - 93.0 64-bit - I normally use ????
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Did you Ctrl+F5 to do a refresh in Firefox?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

jerryco wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:41 pm Did you Ctrl+F5 to do a refresh in Firefox?
That doesn't always work. This does:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste cache and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the browser.cache.disk.enable preference to switch the value from true to false
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

donjohnson24 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm When you said it worked for you, I tried Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari, and the image reduces as expected in all three.
(The text box containing the Spring Design/Checking Program text looks a little odd when zooming in Micosoft Edge !!)

So, it appears to be a problem peculiar to the Mozilla Firefox browser - 93.0 64-bit - I normally use ????
Just a postscript to this - the page behaves as expected on my Surface Pro - which also uses Firefox - and on an Ipad.

Perhaps I need to completely remove Firefox and its settings from my PC before re-installing, since an install 'over the top' of the current version made no improvement. But that means I'd have to redo all my favourites, LastPass and AdBlocker settings, so I probably won't bother.
sandy

Post by sandy »

I think I ran into the same issue with FF v 93.0. In testing with Edge, things shrink OK as the make the browser smaller. With FF, nope. Not a huge deal but just wanted to confirm as I'm working on moving my old WB site into WB17 and running into a lot of little things like this.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think I ran into the same issue with FF v 93.0. In testing with Edge, things shrink OK as the make the browser smaller. With FF, nope. Not a huge deal but just wanted to confirm as I'm working on moving my old WB site into WB17 and running into a lot of little things like this.
I do not think that this has anything to do with WB17.
donjohnson24

Re: Unresponsive pic - Sorted!

Post by donjohnson24 »

Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:54 am
I can confirm Pablo's comment - this has nothing to do with WB17. Firefox is the culprit!
I loaded a new version of Firefox into a separate directory, and even after transferring my Bookmarks and installing LastPass and AdBlocker, the problem page - http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk/springprog.html - now behaves correctly (and again after re-publishing once more from WB17).

POSSIBLE CAUSE: I did recently try to install Firefox Extended Support Release to enable me to access an older remote webcam, but could not get it working, so returned to Firefox 93. However, I did all this in the original folder, so possibly something got corrupted in the process, and using a new 'clean' folder has done the trick.
sandy

Post by sandy »

Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:54 am
Don't think so either, seems browser specific. Have not tried it on chrome but will at some point.