Background image - alpha question

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
MGD4me

Background image - alpha question

Post by MGD4me »

Often, when I use a background image for a particular webpage, I first load the image into an image editor, where I can adjust the brightness, contrast, and various intensities, so that the result is a faint version of the original.

I was wondering if there might be a way to adjust the alpha value of the image, like how a solid colour can be tweaked. I'm looking for an easier way to get a "washed out" image for my backgrounds, than the many steps I need to go through currently.

Thanks for any ideas...
Pablo

Re: Background image - alpha question

Post by Pablo »

The alpha value only applies to colors.
It cannot be used for the background image. You can only set the opacity of the whole layer/layout grid.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

I was afraid that might be the case.

Thanks for verifying that I didn't simply miss finding an option to do that somewhere.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Have you tried setting mode to image+overlay, pick your overlay color and set the alpha of the color to something lower than full? You can sometimes achieve a look similar to what you are doing in an outside program.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@bkjohns...

Thanks for the suggestion. From what I can determine, is that the option for image+overlay is only available as a choice when using a grid layout. I'm not. I am using a 'fixed' layout with 1 default viewport screen width plus 3 smaller breakpoints. In this case, the Style tab in Page Properties only allows a selection for 'image', but not 'image+overlay'.

Unless of course, I'm looking in the wrong area. :roll:
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

You didn't miss the option. It isn't there. You can create a rectangle (shape) to cover the entire area of the page and set the opacity as needed. Haven't used this so don't know how it would work with breakpoints etc. It might be easier in the long run to do what you already do and adjust the image outside of WWB.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

You didn't miss the option. It isn't there.
Okay... thanks for confirming! As WWB continues to evolve and add more capabilities, it is very easy to overlook some of the many features. Or, in my case, forget they are even there!

I appreciate your help...