Text doesn't fall in line

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Mikro

Re: Text doesn't fall in line

Post by Mikro »

Hi Brian,

<edit> your mediafire way will work too, you got it sussed as I was replying :D </edit>

no that doesn't seem right either but you are close.
I think you are still getting a little confused between "publishing" and uploading in Wysiwyg.

Whenever you click on the publish button, a dialog will pop up.

This shows a location where you are going to publish to. Instead of clicking publish like you would usually do, click the "Explore" button on the right.
This will connect to your domain and will display a list of folders etc.
Servers have different folder structures so I can't give you an exact folder to choose but you should at least see an "index.html" file showing when you are at the correct one.
Then click the "Upload" button. This is where you then browse to your "demo.wbs" file on your PC and upload it.
The url for Pablo would then be something like www.favershammrc.org.uk/demo.wbs

Hope this helps you a little.

All the best,
Mike.
Wysiwyg Web Builder 16 on Windows 10, Quick 'n' Easy Web Builder 8 on MacOS Big Sur
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks, I have the project now.

However, it does not look like you did anything to optimize the layout for the smaller breakpoints.
You will need the re-arrange the objects so they are inside the viewport.

Please see:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/rwd_basics.html
and also
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Did you try setting output format to 'Default'?
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi
Yes it is set to Default

The Demo file is not as the main web site is set up to!! It was a direct copy and paste of the Blog 2021 page of the normal set up. But it seems the page setting have not been copied over hence the totally wrong views in the Demo file as seen by Pablo.

I'm not sure how to provide a like for like copy including all existing settings?

Its taking me a long time to understand How To post files but it looks like the file is wrong! See my images I placed originally of the three Breakpoints and the Default page. New items are not carried over into their correct places in the Breakpoints and are placed in all sorts of odd places and no two Breakpoints are the same.

Is there anyway I can send the actual file over as is???

May have to leave now until tomorrow now as I'm beginning to get web itus :D
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, but you images are not useful, I need to see the project file
I'm not sure how to provide a like for like copy including all existing settings?
1. Save the project under a different name
2. Remove everything from the project that is not relevant to your question
3. Share the project
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

I thought that is what I did with the Demo file! Blatantly and obviously not! :oops: :oops:
I will if you are ok with my struggling attempts, try again tomorrow.
TBH What seems very basic to you and your colleagues, is like a roller coaster ride for me and huge/vast learning curve. So bear with, and hopefully I'll get there, but I have L (Learner) plate fixed on my back. :D
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Brian,

What you are doing is called 'adaptive' rather than responsive. In adaptive mode, you have done it right by creating 4 breakpoints. The bit you have missed is that for each of the breakpoints that are not 'default', you have to go in and manually arrange the text and pictures, ensuring that they are all within the breakpoint viewing area.

With responsive mode, you (generally) only have 'default' but put everything inside layer grids or flex grids and that does the adjusting for you for different page widths (it's a little more complex than that, but that is the basic idea).

So, with the first one, it's harder to set up and maintain but things go EXACTLY where you want them. With the second one, you are relying on the browser to interpret what it thinks you are after and position/size things accordingly - but it's much easier to maintain (and looks nicer too).

Does that help?

Alan
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hello everyone.
Thank you to all of you who offered help and guidance yesterday.

Well today is a new day and I've (hopefully) been able to save the document as a new .wbs file and I've called it pages.wbs.
I've stripped out all the pages except the Master page and one called Blog 2021. This Blog page is representative of all others in the original document.
To aid seeing the problem, I've added a new text block at the bottom of the default page and made the text red so as it shows up better. Looking at the three breakpoints you will see that the new red text is not placed where expected - at the bottom of the last lot of text, but is placed at random anywhere in amongst the previous original text and images. This also applies to any images added via the default page too.

So what is the problem and is it due to me using the default page as the main input page? Or is it something else??

Hopefully the file can be downloaded from here, so as you can open and view it.... https://www.mediafire.com/file/91scqp7n ... s.wbs/file

If you're not able to download or open it let me know and I'll try an alternative method.

Many thanks for your continued support.
Brian
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First note that the output format of the text is set to 'use <p''. This option should only be used in combination with 'enable responsive fonts' See also the help.

To place text where you want it, you can move it to the right position.
Because you are using fixed/absolute layout, this is not done automatically.
Brian Lambert

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi
Thanks for looking.

Enable responsive fonts is ticked?
If not <p> then what would you recommend to be used?
I've been moving the text boxes or images for many months, so no problem. :D
I raised the question only to see if I was not doing something incorrectly and by changing something it would/may then have placed the text correctly in line.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please see the help or this FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=34318

If you use flexible layout (using layout gr5doi) then the text will automatically be moved on smaller breakpoints
Hoover, if you use fixed/absolute layout then there is no way for the software to know where you want the text to go on a smaller screen.