Disable right mouse button click?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jak

Disable right mouse button click?

Post by jak »

Hello,
Is there any way to disable right mouse button click so that people cannot save images directly to their harddrive?

Thanks for your time.
Pablo

Re: Disable right mouse button click?

Post by Pablo »

Click on Insert --> Miscellaneous --> Ready to use javascripts.
jak

Post by jak »

Pablo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:44 pm Click on Insert --> Miscellaneous --> Ready to use javascripts.
Thank you for responding.

Under Insert > Miscellaneous
I only have 3 options:
1) Article
2) Blog
3) Structured Data

Cant seem to find ready to use javascripts?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have enabled easy mode?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=90479
jak

Post by jak »

Pablo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:21 pm Maybe you have enabled easy mode?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=90479
Yes! I actually remembered turning this on on purpose.

That is a nice heap of scripts, will have a loot at them all.

What is more important the disable right click button works like a charm! Thank you!
jak

Post by jak »

After testing I stumbled on a problem.

While disable right click is working, its possible to middle mouse click on the Masonry grid gallery, and open a tile jpeg in a seperate window, where it is possible to right click and save the image.

Any ideas how I can deal with this issue?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The "disable right click" script was not designed to protect your images.
That there is no way to prevent the user from downloading images.
If the browser can display the image then it's also possible to download the image.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

If the browser can display the image then it's also possible to download the image.
Right ... remember that in order for the browser to be able to display an image, it must first download that image and place it in a hidden, or temporary part of memory. That means a person already has the image, if they know where to look for it.
jak

Post by jak »

I know there are other means of downloading images, default prints screen, saving to pdf, other print screen programs.

However there are web pages that disable what I am asking. I want to have the illusion of somewhat taking full measurments I can to prevent downloading images. Also it means the author took an aditional step to protect his content, even if its just a visual one. We could go on to talk about how one can watermark his images for protection, but that is offtopic.

Ill go on a limb and say, that at least 7/10 people that look at images on sites, arent bother to go out of their way to get the content. I know, I collect references for my work from sites on the web, and I cant be bothered to download all of them using additonal means, just the few I need.

I remember back in the day, Ive come across sites, that upon right clicking on an image had a copyright notice pop up while disabling the right click save as, which not only prevented users from directly downloading the images, but also informed about copyright with that pop up.

On behance.net (popular mass portfiolio website), there is an option to disable people from downloading .jpeg images - instead they can only download web pages.
You guys care to go and tell them what you are telling me, that there are other ways of downloading image? That they already know (and so do I), but they still have that option for some safety precautions, and people do use that option. Whats more a LOT of people use that option - I would know, I browse portfolios there every other day.
So sites do offer this option is what I am saying, because its nice to have such an option, some people will want to use it regardless, because of the line of work they are in, and because they feel they did at least something towards image protection.

----

Returning to the topic of disabling saving images, I remember Pablo posting how to disable lightbox with this code:

<style>
#Extension1 { pointer-events: none; }
</style>

Could you please direct me where to type that in, should I enter that after I publish my page, into the index.html file using an editor? Or is this doable from inside the WYSIWYG editor?
Would that protect the middle mouse button use on the gallery?

Thanks once again for your time.

Cheers.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Could you please direct me where to type that in, should I enter that after I publish my page, into the index.html file using an editor?
You can add this between the head tags of Page HTML.

Also, note that any code that works in another editor, will also work in WWB.
For example:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/238 ... ouse-click
jak

Post by jak »

Pablo wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Could you please direct me where to type that in, should I enter that after I publish my page, into the index.html file using an editor?
You can add this between the head tags of Page HTML.

Also, note that any code that works in another editor, will also work in WWB.
For example:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/238 ... ouse-click
Thats brilliant! The code works, the masonry gallery is as is, both the right click and left click are disabled on the images, as well as the middle click, so all manual straightforward image saving is disabled.
I just made the tiles wide enough to see the content by default, with no need of looking at them using a lightbox, and for mobile they scale town to 2 collumns ATM.

For those that will look at this thread (and myself so I dont forget) - the head tags of Page HTML is under:

Site manager > right click on main page > site HTML > and bottom window - *between<head></head>tags*

This editor you have Pablo is great, congratulations on a solid piece of software!

A little offtop if I may, I would pay for an advanced typewriter extension (if you ever consider to make one), with more motion tween options, movement and impact - and one that can type in mutiple sentences (like the one there is now - but without the "typewriter line").
If you want I could post a site with similar effects I would be after, that have more punch.

Once again thank you for all your help!