Interested in a specific gallery...

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jak

Interested in a specific gallery...

Post by jak »

Hello I am new to the forums just bought the software.

Im not one to complain but I was hoping to be able to make a gallery, based on masonry tiles,
however more simillar to the common ones that portfolio websites have to offer, namely:

1) Have certain amout of collumns (3)
2) Have lightbox disabled
3) Have the gallery tiles load from the bottom by fade in and perphaps with a little eased in movement translation
4) Have the gallery be on the whole width of the page (and adjust accordingly to width of browser)
5) Have the gallery load on scroll rather than press "load more images" button

I know this might be a lot to ask, not sure if anyone had made such an extension? Im keen on having it working quite smoothly.

A bonus would be, being able to turn on certain filters in terms of gallery (similarily to the free template with the sugar, sweets, cakes etc.).
However seems it would be great if it would be more smoother generally, because some of the tiles just pop up there.

I know this might seem as very advanced, but from what I gather it seems to be quite a standard on few portfolio websites, which is why I am trying to achieve this.

Thanks for any information on this, and any pointers.

Cheers.

EDIT: Not sure if posting links is allowed to illustrate what I mean, since they might be dont in different software etc.
Pablo

Re: Interested in a specific gallery...

Post by Pablo »

jak

Post by jak »

Thanks for the link Pablo, I have a few questions regarding it, since I need to purchase it in order to use it and I cannot test it beforehand:

1) Is it possible to specify a certain amount of collumns? (I would like 3)
2) Can I disable the lightbox so the images arent clickable?
3) Can I make the 3 collums on full page width, and keep them responsive so they scale down but still remain 3, when window is shrinked?

I am a little worried, when I look close the gaps between the pictures are quite sloppy - sometimes the gap is thicker than other times.
Not sure if that is an error or just uneven spacing?

Thanks for your time.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is a demo version so you can test it before you decide to buy it.

1) yes, you can specify the number of columns
2) There is no standard option for this, but you can easily add this yourself by adding this code to the page

Code: Select all

<style>
   #Extension1 { pointer-events: none;  }
</style>
3) yes, the gallery is flexible when using it inside a layout grid.

The 'gutter' can be specified in pixels and percentages.
jak

Post by jak »

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for offtopic, but I cannot find my previous post regarding jQuery Masonry extension? Did someone delete it?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The post was removed because it was about the same topic. It is very confusing having to reply to the same question in multiple posts. See also the forum rules.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
jak

Post by jak »

Alright, then I will post here not to create more topics (altought in that topic I was specifically asking for jQuery Masonry and why I cannot use it).

I will ask here again in order not to make more threads.

I have purchased WYSIWYG bulder in order to use jQuery Masonry, because I could not use it in the trial version.

I cannot seem to be able to use it, there is no option to add images. Does this extension work, and if so do you have any tutorials so that I can use the extension in my project?

Thank you for your reply.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, for the confusion but there are two masonry extensions:
jQuery Masonry, this is this a generic masonry solution. it is not specifically for a gallery. It is for creating layouts.
For more information how to use this, please see the documentation. The PDF is included in the download.

Masonry Gallery, this is a gallery for images.
A demo version of the extension can be downloaded here:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/masonrygallery.html

Alternatively, there is also a masonry option in the card container
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppo ... -demo.html
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppo ... tlets.html

Or if you are just looking for an image grid then the built-in Photo Gallery may also be useful:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/photogallery.html
jak

Post by jak »

Once again thank you for your reply.

I am determined to somehow make the masonry work, because the images I would like to input are all of different ratios.

I tried the jQuery Masonry, and following the .pdf, however the behaviour is strange and not quite what is shown.
I follow all the steps including centering the page, as well ass adding the tag, getting different results, seems not to work correctly with images (mostly layers- but still Im having issues).

The Masony Gallery demo - there is only a .uwbx file, instead of the .wbx/.wbx64 file extension. So I tried installing it by selecting show all files from within the extension "manual instalation" window, and installing the file from there. I got a sucessfully installed message, however I cant seem to find the demo extension from the site toolbox bar to run it? its not at the bottom in the web extensions group? I tried looking for it in the "search" of the toolbox, but its still not there.
If I buy it, wont I have the same problem?
Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks for your patience, Im trying to see what options I have to accomplish this task.

What I am seeing, is that WYSIWYG Builder has everything, apart from a robust Masonry gallery (hopefully I manage to get the demo working and actually get the effect I want). I just cannot have a different gallery, images I need to input are all of different ratios, and I mean some images are wider, others differ in height, and the differences arent subtle.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The jQuery Masonry extension was designed for layouts, not for an image gallery.
So, it works like demonstrated in the examples.

I have checked the Masonry Gallery demo and for me it does include both files (.uwbx/.wbx64)
If you install it then it should show up in the toolbox, it works for me. And it never been reported to me that it does not work for anyone else.
What I am seeing, is that WYSIWYG Builder has everything, apart from a robust Masonry gallery (hopefully I manage to get the demo working and actually get the effect I want).
I do get hundreds of suggestions and I do my best to implement many of these eqeust . But now matter how hard I work, there is no way to implement the 'perfect extension' that implements everything anyone can think of.
There is always room for improvement...
jak

Post by jak »

Pablo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:19 pm I have checked the Masonry Gallery demo and for me it does include both files (.uwbx/.wbx64)
If you install it then it should show up in the toolbox, it works for me. And it never been reported to me that it does not work for anyone else.
EDIT: I was using Opera to download the files, now I have used Mozilla Firefox - and on Mozilla I have managed to download the files, and yes the files wbx64 and uwbx are in there. In Opera browser I click on the link and it just is refreshed.[/b]
Last edited by jak on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you using this link: https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/masonrygallery.html or is it some other link?
Yes!

Maybe your virusscanner has removed the file?
As for the room for improvement, I am only talking about a working out of the box Masonry gallery, which is available as standard in many portfolio sites like this one:
If you think some functionality is missing then you can post suggestions in the 'Suggestions' section of this forum.
If more users find this useful then I will consider it for future development.
jak

Post by jak »

Pablo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:57 pm
Are you using this link: https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/masonrygallery.html or is it some other link?
Yes!

Maybe your virusscanner has removed the file?
As for the room for improvement, I am only talking about a working out of the box Masonry gallery, which is available as standard in many portfolio sites like this one:
If you think some functionality is missing then you can post suggestions in the 'Suggestions' section of this forum.
If more users find this useful then I will consider it for future development.
Wow its great! I had some problems but I reread when you said it should be added to layout and it works on the whole width of the image!

Just two last questions and I am sold on this, can I remove the numbers and black bars at the bottom of each image (not in demo, in full version)? I have currenly numerations with black transparent bars on bottom of each image.

Also how is this on loading times? Is there a way to notify the user that the images are loading? Will there be problems with loading times with up to 40 or 50 images?

Thank your for your patience and time and sorry for being a pain, the Mason gallery demo is great!
jak

Post by jak »

I have managed to remove the numbers by deleting their title in images>edit>title, also removed the black bar by setting the alpha under style to 0.

I have just purchased this extension, its great.

Sorry for being high maintenance and impatient, and once more thank you for your time.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks!