Serial Number

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Curt

Serial Number

Post by Curt »

I just now attempted to install version 17.

It's asking for my serial number.

How do I find my serial number?
zinc

Re: Serial Number

Post by zinc »

If you have purchased your copy, the email which was sent to you will contain the serial number in it.

If not then see this:

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/howtoupgrade.html
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Curt

Post by Curt »

zinc wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 pm If you have purchased your copy, the email which was sent to you will contain the serial number in it.

If not then see this:

I paid for versions 15 & 16. I saw no request for payment of version 17. Am I supposed to pay something?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The upgrade is not free, because I have put a lot of work into this new version.
Without paid upgrades I will not be able to continue the development and support of this product.

You are not billed automatically , it's you own choice whether or not you want to upgrade.

More information about the upgrade is available here:
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Am I supposed to pay something?
Yes.
Curt

Post by Curt »

Pablo wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:30 pm The upgrade is not free, because I have put a lot of work into this new version.
Without paid upgrades I will not be able to continue the development and support of this product.

You are not billed automatically , it's you own choice whether or not you want to upgrade.

More information about the upgrade is available here:
I completely understand. However, the notice of the new version said nothing about payment.

Nevertheless, I have now paid, and version 17 is now working.

I have spent over an hour trying to get this corrected. My bank at first refused payment, so I had to phone them. They said the problem is that you are not in the United States. So they had to get my verbal approval. After that it took some time before you sent verification of my order and my new serial number. You have a fine product and I don't mind paying, but the time and steps involved in this renewal process have been exasperating.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What did you expect me to have done to make it more clear?
Is there something wrong with the FAQ?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/howtoupgrade.htm
What can I do to improve this?l

Note that there are two resellers, one in Europe (2checkout) and one in the US (MyCommerce)
They both support payments from all over the world.
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

It seemed very clear (and easy) to me but then I have bought six versions of WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2016 so I am used to paying for this excellent software each time I upgrade.
Curt

Post by Curt »

Pablo wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:13 pm What did you expect me to have done to make it more clear?
Is there something wrong with the FAQ?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/howtoupgrade.htm
What can I do to improve this?l

Note that there are two resellers, one in Europe (2checkout) and one in the US (MyCommerce)
They both support payments from all over the world.
Simply state the need for payment along with the download instructions. Other recent updates including one earlier this month required no payment. Yes, I eventually found the information on FAQ and made payment. That after I had already installed 17, 16 stopped working, and 17 warned me that more had to be done. It took me a while to find the file of data for my website.

It was my credit card bank, not your reseller, who at first refused to allow me to make payment to a non-American entity. Apparently the problem was my choice of 2checkout, which was listed by you as the first choice. But I don't recall a similar problem with 2checkout when I bought versions 15 & 16. Perhaps there would have been no problem if I had chosen MyCommerce. If that is true, you may want to advise American customers to choose MyCommerce for payment.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Curt;

Pablo offers a lot of FREE updates on the software, however like any commercial company, Major versions are not free.

Glad you got it sorted! :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that version 16 will not stop working when you install version 17.

Also, both resellers support customers from all over the world.
There are no know issues with 2checkout. But if there is a problem with accepting payments then I would like to know about this because they take a huge fee for processing the orders...
Curt

Post by Curt »

Pablo wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 pm Note that version 16 will not stop working when you install version 17.
With version 16 there is now a green bar notice at the top indicating potential problems with modifications.

All of the spaces for graphics are blank until I go through the process of restoring them.

I don't actually plan to use version 16 again. I'm just reporting what I found.

Meanwhile, with version 17 I got a notice about a full disk space problem. It would also not allow me to save my changes.

I closed the program and restarted the computer. That solved the problems with version 17.

Sorry, you make a fine product and I am glad to pay. I've had a difficult day with other concerns, and in the middle of that I did not need to have a long delay in my daily website maintenance, while at the same time trying to switch to your version 17 and get my bank to pay you.
Last edited by Curt on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

With version 16 there is now a green bar notice at the top indicating potential problems with modifications.
This warning has always been there. This is not specific to version 17
What it means is that if you save your project with the new version then the older version will no longer be able to open it because the older version do not support the new features,
Meanwhile, with version 17 I got a notice about a full disk space problem. It would also not allow me to save my changes.
The software itself does not check for disk space. This is standard system functionality. This should not work different than in previous versions.
Curt

Post by Curt »

Pablo wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 pm
Also, both resellers support customers from all over the world.
There are no know issues with 2checkout. But if there is a problem with accepting payments then I would like to know about this because they take a huge fee for processing the orders...
Again, it was my credit card bank that refused to make payment to a non-American entity, until I verbally gave permission by telephone. I do not recall this as a problem between my bank and 2checkout for previous payments I made to you. But it is now.

The bank must be concerned with a growing problem with scams and identity theft. In fact I received a phishing email earlier today supposedly from an American company, but the email domain was European. Last year someone used my personal information in an attempt to get a million dollar loan from the US Small Business Administration. It was my same bank that notified me of this, and we got the loan stopped. The bank had learned from a credit bureau that I had supposedly applied for an SBA loan, and that the SBA was checking on my credit worthiness. My bank was alerting me to check if that was really me seeking a loan, which it was not. It turned out the criminal was in India.

I hope this provides helpful information to you on how one large American bank now intercedes in payments from an American entity to a foreign entity.
Last edited by Curt on Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

Am I supposed to pay something?
Note, that two very similar words describe the release of various versions of software, so can be confusing unless understood:

Update: when the software incurs minor incremental features and/or bug fixes. Example; there were a number of releases in Version16, and these updates were free. They are considered as 'support', for the version you bought.

Upgrade: when a major new release occurs, with significant new features. Example; upgrade from version 15 to 16, or from version 16 to 17. These new releases are considered upgrades and are not free.

If you follow the "How to upgrade" FAQ shown above, it is spelled out quite clearly, IMHO.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

"Update: when the software incurs minor incremental features and/or bug fixes."

And those bug fixes usually happen the same day or next that they are first reported and verified. To me that alone is worth paying for the software. Glad the OP has sorted it. Once in a while I get snagged by my bank or credit card folks for out of country transactions and it can be frustrating.
roygore

Post by roygore »

PAblo,

I've had some problems with my computer and now have to reinstall version 17. However I have lost the email with my serial number.

How do I get a copy of my serial numbers please for both version 16 and version 17?

Can you email both serial numbers to me at ***email removed***please.

Thanks
Roy
Last edited by BaconFries on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email removed to prevent spamming
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can ask for your serial at the following
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/serial.html
roygore

Post by roygore »

Excellent

Thanks