background color different when published

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
larryb

background color different when published

Post by larryb »

WYSIWYG 16.4.2
As the title states...I have the background color of my index page set to white. When I preview the page the background displays as white and everything else appears just as I have designed. No surprises. HOWEVER...when I publish the page, the background changes to blue and odd text ("click to edit" for example) appears. I have doubled checked the page properties in several dialog boxes to insure that white is selected for the background.
The website I published a year ago did have a blue background but I have completely deleted that old website from my domain. I did start this new website from scratch. I did not try to just change settings.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Larry
Last edited by larryb on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
crispy68

Re: background color different when published

Post by crispy68 »

There is no difference between previewing your site and publishing the site. The same files are generated. If what you published looks different from the preview, it usually means there are missing files on your server. Make sure all files have been uploaded.
larryb

Post by larryb »

Oddly enough, when I publish a different page that will eventually be a part of the entire website, the background color previews and publishes as white. The index page is the only page that is changing.
I'm certainly not questioning your expertise here, but if there were missing files wouldn't that mean all pages would be effected?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Are you using master pages at all?
larryb

Post by larryb »

crispy68 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:19 am Are you using master pages at all?
Nope....at least I don't think so
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The name of the page is invalid. The page contains PHP code, so it should be: index.php
However, the background color seems to be correct. Maybe you have already fixed it?
larryb

Post by larryb »

Pablo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:55 am The name of the page is invalid. The page contains PHP code, so it should be: index.php
However, the background color seems to be correct. Maybe you have already fixed it?
No, I have not fixed it yet. When I click on the link above, or just generally access the index page of the website, it still shows a blue background and unwanted extra text.

Regarding the php code...I have a php page hit counter (which isn't working either currently but I think I may know why) on the index page. So you are suggesting that in "properties" for the index page I should set the file extension to .php instead of .html? If so, why, does the other test page I have uploaded work just fine as html? That page also has the php hit counter. If I remove the php hit counter would the file extension remain html?
larryb

Post by larryb »

Yes, I have refreshed my browser.

I have changed the file extension to PHP.

With or without changing the file extension setting, when previewing the index page the background color previews properly. When publishing the index page, the background color changes to blue.

When previewing AND publishing the other page I have created (not an index page), the background displays properly as white. Only the index page is not cooperating. I don't understand why the index page is the only issue here.

I am not having ANY luck getting the page hit counter to work. As much as I'd like to see and keep track of that information, I may have to do without if I can't get it to show. Right now, I am more than a little frustrated that I am unable to get the index/main page background color to display properly.
larryb

Post by larryb »

Ok....I deleted the html index page(s) and I checked the main index page using my wife's computer and the index page loads as it should.....white background!!!! Unfortunately, on my computer, it still shows blue background and jumbled text. What could be causing that?

Perhaps pertinent...she uses Google Chrome as her browser and I use Firefox. I wonder if that could be the issue, although the other page has not had the color change issue from the start.

Also, the php counter on the index page now shows...only there is no hit count number. On the other hand, the other page that has been loading the background color properly now shows the php hit counter and DOES show the hit count number.

I feel like I am making a little bit of progress here...but...this is not supposed to be this frustrating!!

I appreciate your patience with me.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Unfortunately, on my computer, it still shows blue background and jumbled text. What could be causing that?
I think this is an issue with your browser cache.
larryb

Post by larryb »

Thanks Pablo!! Clearing the browser cache did the trick. I should have thought of that.
larryb

Post by larryb »

In my little mind, refreshing the browser means reloading/refreshing the open browser page....which, as I responded to you, yes, I did. Clearing the browser cache means going into settings and deleting all the accumulated data stored in there....which I did and now it works.

Please, forgive me for misunderstanding you.