New website uploaded-no photos-please help

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ha33y

Re: New website uploaded-no photos-please help

Post by ha33y »

BaconFries wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:35 pm Here is a "How To" for namescheap
https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowl ... d-my-site/
Thank you but I have no problem uploading my site with WWB or Filezilla however the problem is that WWB cannot create my images folder. I have to create it manually and no one knows why. This is the issue being discussed in this topic, but i do appreciate your input.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you manage to get it to create a folder?
Yes!

You will need to use /public_html
/home/harrykon/public_html is not correct
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Pablo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 pm
Yes!

If that doesn't work and just to confuse things! :)

In my Publish settings for the remote folder I never have a "/" before the public_html.

So to test it on e.g. test4 folder try entering the following in the remote folder:

public_html/test4 and see if that works.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Yes!

Well I am totally confused, you better show me what you did, and how you did it, becasue it keeps defaulting to my home directory which is :
/home/harrykon/public_html/

I tried to upload within WWB directly using the conventional method and it says upload successful, but I can't find where it uploaded the files to. I set it for the test3 folder according to your advise (/home/public_html/test3) but there is nothing in there.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

ha33y wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:04 pm
Yes!

Well I am totally confused, you better show me what you did, and how you did it, becasue it keeps defaulting to my home directory which is :
/home/harrykon/public_html/

I tried to upload within WWB directly using the conventional method and it says upload successful, but I can't find where it uploaded the files to. I set it for the test3 folder according to your advise (/home/public_html/test3) but there is nothing in there.

IT WORKED!!!
HOW? WHY?

I mean, that is not really my home directory....in my c-panel file structure it has /harrykon
also the directions given to me by the hosting was with harrykon....so now I am utterly confused...
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

WWBman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:56 pm
Yes!

If that doesn't work and just to confuse things! :)

In my Publish settings for the remote folder I never have a "/" before the public_html.

So to test it on e.g. test4 folder try entering the following in the remote folder:

public_html/test4 and see if that works.

IT WORKED!!!
HOW? WHY?

I mean, that is not really my home directory....in my c-panel file structure it has /harrykon
also the directions given to me by the hosting was with harrykon....so now I am utterly confused...
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The public_html folder is the web root for your primary domain name. The full path is actually /home/username/public_html/ (where username is your cPanel username) rather than /public_html/ but in most places you will see /public_html/ instead of the full path, since it assumes you know you are in your own home directory.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:18 pm The public_html folder is the web root for your primary domain name. The full path is actually /home/username/public_html/ (where username is your cPanel username) rather than /public_html/ but in most places you will see /public_html/ instead of the full path, since it assumes you know you are in your own home directory.
Thank you!

However even Filezilla always connects to my home directory using the full path name (including harrykon) this made me even more confused cause It cannot connect directly to the public_html, saying no such directry exists, this made me even more confused.

Anyhow It works and not even their hosting guys told me this, so THANK YOU PABLO, you are a genius my friend!
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Ok so I have another question, why then did WWB still go into the directory with the full path, and upload all files but not folders?
I mean it was still in the same directory.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The only thing I can think of it's due to a permissions thing.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:47 pm The only thing I can think of it's due to a permissions thing.
That's where I come unstuck, becasue the hosting guys checked and i checked and all permissions are fully open....no blocking on the main dir or sub directories whatsoever. the folders are set to 0750 and 0755 so permissions are not an issue.

..Somthing sinister is at play here ...lol....
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Is this correct with the question of this thread in mind?

https://chmodcommand.com/chmod-0750/
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!