Sticky Layer Opacity and Breakpoints

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
protectourlands

Sticky Layer Opacity and Breakpoints

Post by protectourlands »

Does Sticky Layer support different opacity settings in different breakpoints? It seems to on the workpage, but when I preview/publish it does not.
crispy68

Re: Sticky Layer Opacity and Breakpoints

Post by crispy68 »

It seems to work for me.
protectourlands

Interesting. I cannot seem to get it to work for me. I want to set the default and large breakpoints to 0, then set the smaller device breakpoints to 100 so the layer only shows on smaller devices. I just cannot get it to work when the default is 0. Can you try this?
protectourlands

If I can get that to work, I then need to set a scroll animation for 0 opacity until the page is scrolled, then 100%. Then I need to set the page to disable scroll transitions so this doesn't affect the smaller layouts. the reason I am doing this is because I do not want the layer to briefly "flash" on page load.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Still works for me.

Steps:
1. Insert layer, set mode to Sticky Layer, set the background color to whatever color and set the alpha value to zero
2. Insert breakpoint
3. Open up layer again in breakpoint, set background color alpha value to 150 (or whatever)
4. preview
protectourlands

Thank you Crispy but I cannot do that. I should have been more specific. I apologize. The layer is a container of objects. I need to adjust the opacity of the layer itself, and consequently all of its children.

Layer > General > Opacity > 0

Then use Transition animations to control the layer opacity on scroll. Then set the page to disable scroll transitions on the small layouts so they always show regardless of scroll.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Based on your description, the opacity under the General tab is not 'responsive' in breakpoints.

However, you could simply add some CSS to head section of the page like such:

Code: Select all

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width:969px){#Layer1{opacity:1;}} 
</style>
Change the ID and max-width value to what you need. Of course this only fixes your opacity breakpoint issue and doesnt address the transition you want.

So you want the layer invisible until a certain breaktpoint and then the opacity changes on scroll?
protectourlands

Actually I have now discovered that the opacity is responsive, but only if the default width is set to 100. Then any break point can be set as desired. If I can set the default width opacity to 0, then set the small breakpoints opacity to 100, everything will work.
Last edited by protectourlands on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
protectourlands

Thank you Crispy. Your @media solution in the head code worked. It is exactly what I needed.