Need help with color of background/Layout grid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Fredl

Need help with color of background/Layout grid

Post by Fredl »

Hello, I'm having trouble with a few details on a site I've been working on. I began this project using the "corporate" template. The page background is set to Black, however in a few places the page loads a dark grey in certain cells of the layout grid. I have dug around but everywhere I look the background is set to Black. The page where this is most evident is the "about" page. In the editor, on either side of the topmost text block (center grid cell) you will see that it is grey for some reason. In preview the background is a jumbled mix of black or grey in various places. The same issue pops up on the "home" page, 3/4 of the way down the page where "aggregate sales", "Boulders", and "Clean Fill" are you can see the outer most cells in the grid are also grey instead of black. Where do I drill down and find the setting to make these cells match the rest of the page? Here is a link to a demo:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Thanks in advance for any pointer you can offer!
Pablo

Re: Need help with color of background/Layout grid

Post by Pablo »

Besides the background of the layout grid, you can also set the background of the individually columns.
To change the background of a column:
- open the properties of the layout grid
- select the column
- click 'Edit' to change the style. Currently, the column background is set to #202020, the background of the page is #000000

By setting the background mode to 'transparent', the column will get the same color as the grid/page.
Fredl

Post by Fredl »

Thanks Pablo! Where do you see that the background is set to #202020? I switched the cell background to transparent, but that still didn't match the adjacent cell until I also picked the darkest black. In fact there appear to be 2 colors of background set, but I can't find where. When I choose the grid, then properties I get the solid/transparent pull down and the field of colored blocks from which to pick. Usually the currently set color has a box around it, but no box is selected when I look there. I did set the cell to transparent, but the only thing that made them all match was to set it to solid and pick black. Oddly the header looked like it was #202020 until I set it to black, then I thought I preferred it the other shade, but now there is no going back! The next lighter color available is a much lighter grey than what it was before I changed it. What am I missing here?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What is the ID of the layout grid you are trying to change?

Note: make sure you click 'OK" to accept the changes.