Nortons reporting files as malicious downloads - Free extras/add-ons/plug-ins for WYSIWYG Web Builder 16

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
code2

Nortons reporting files as malicious downloads - Free extras/add-ons/plug-ins for WYSIWYG Web Builder 16

Post by code2 »

I have never had this happen before with your free extras downloads or any download from WYSIWYG's websites.

However, today I tried to download several free extras and Norton 360 blocked them as Malicious Download Detected and removed the files.

I actually had the 400 extra navigation bat buttons ZIP file. When I tried to run Setup Norton removed it as a malicious file. But when I tried to download it again, I also received the Malicious Download Detected alert.

Anyone have the same issue for the following ?

Free extras/add-ons/plug-ins for WYSIWYG Web Builder 16

Extra Navigation Bar buttons
-400 extra navigation bar buttons for WYSIWYG Web Builder

ClipArt Symbols / Icons
-Bootstrap's Glyphicons Halflings
-DingBats
zinc

Re: Nortons reporting files as malicious downloads - Free extras/add-ons/plug-ins for WYSIWYG Web Builder 16

Post by zinc »

I don't understand why you are even reporting this? Do you think if there was an issue, Pablo would release them?
These files have been tested and there are NOTHING harmful in them. It is a false + You should make these files exempt in your AV program and all will be fine.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Re: Nortons reporting files as malicious downloads - Free extras/add-ons/plug-ins for WYSIWYG Web Builder 16

Post by Pablo »

There is a no virus in the software. This is a false positive (a bug in Norton 360).
Please add the files to the exception list or contact Norton to fix this.
code2

Post by code2 »

Thank you Pablo for a more civil response. I will consider your advice.
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

@code2 This is the Internet where people believe they can be as offhand or as rude as they like. They would be unlikely to to behave like this face to face with you. Sadly it's something we all have to get used to as I think it is becoming more widespread. Of course Pablo is not at all like this. You only have to look at a recent post about incorrect image ratios to see how patient and polite he is despite provocation.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Chris_t wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 pm @code2 This is the Internet where people believe they can be as offhand or as rude as they like. They would be unlikely to to behave like this face to face with you. Sadly it's something we all have to get used to as I think it is becoming more widespread. Of course Pablo is not at all like this. You only have to look at a recent post about incorrect image ratios to see how patient and polite he is despite provocation.
I totally disagree with you. I was not rude to him and simply stated a fact that, we have been through this several times and in fact Pablo has put up a notice that whatever he as put up for download is NOT a virus no matter what your AV says. This is why I questioned it. I am sorry to the person if I came across as rude, rest assured that was not my intention. It is always good to check the info regarding viruses before posting something that has been answered. Stating the obvious is not the same as being rude.

Once again I am sorry if my response did not sound like Pablo's but certain issues has already been resolved and need not to be brought up time and time again.

Z
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

Well, at least two of us felt you were being offhand or rude, so there are probably more. It's your choice how you decide to portray yourself of course.

You and I know that these virus warnings are nonsense but not everyone will have the time to find announcements about it on here so they ask the question. Pablo answered it without being irritated by it. He has probably answered it many more times that you have and he doesn't get upset about it. You decided a little lecture was in order and that does indeed show the difference between yourself and Pablo.

Have a nice day. :)
brynj

Post by brynj »

Its an interesting subject and I am curious if its possible for a software developer (in this case Pablo) to submit their software to companies like Norton etc for approval to stop the false negative.

Whilst many users know they can be marked as exempt its not a perfect solution for inexperienced users. Another program may not be friendly and they just add it as exempt because that's what they have been told to do elsewhere - hardly protects people.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Its an interesting subject and I am curious if its possible for a software developer (in this case Pablo) to submit their software to companies like Norton etc for approval to stop the false negative.
The software is already digitally signed, so Norton should know it's safe.