incorect image ratio

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
kenswindon

Re: incorect image ratio

Post by kenswindon »

please put the page on that you just teated please
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It is the same page that I have been referring to the last few days:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/support/k ... page5.html

Can you let me know a page on your website that you have updated which still does not work correct?
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

please send me the page url so I can try to figure out whats going on
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Do you mean the updated project file?
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/support/ke ... n/test.zip
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

here is a random one.

https://freeclassicimages.com/Fantasy_Art_5.html

ive got300 pages to choose from I have only managed to get half a dozen to read right with much frustration

you can use the one page5 it still got the same error

where is the page you tested
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This page has 4 galleries:
PhotoGallery1
PhotoGallery2
PhotoGallery3
PhotoGallery4

None of these galleries is set to 'responsive'.

Please change 'compatible' to 'responsive' for ALL galleries and republish the page.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

Dont you think ive done that a hundred times

now with responsive

https://freeclassicimages.com/Fantasy_Art_5.html

wheres the page you tested with 2 photo galleries and a 100% in best practice so I can compare.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for updating the settings. There is now a different message. It indicates that the size of the thumbnail is too small.

Did you publish this page with the latest update?
If yes, then can you save the page to a new project and share it so I can verify the settings?

Note this message is unrelated to the number of galleries. it is about the thumbnail size.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

yes its the size of the thumbnails but totally random how many come out like sometimes just 2 on a page sometimes all the gallery and its not the image quality or size (I thought it was) sometimes it is 100% but very rare.

you already have a project with the problem in it you don't really need another one and as you can see any setting give the same error,

but you still haven't sent your perfect page so am I to assume you got the same error message?

as I said at the beginning either my copy of software has a bug in it or my project built originally in 2008 has not updated properly with each new version or the fault is in all WYSIWYG platforms.

I am pretty sure its WYSIWYG that needs updating, if that's the case please search the forums and you will see what other people have done about it.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

I know its the thumbnails on here that give this problem but it's the same with all picture galleries not just 'photo gallery'
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The project I have does not have the page you are referring to (Fantasy_Art_5). It only contains one page: page5
This is another page with a different problem so I need to see the settings to find a solution for you.
but you still haven't sent your perfect page so am I to assume you got the same error message?
I have included the URL of the 'perfect' page several times, but here is is again:

*** START OF URL ***

*** END OF URL ***

Can you please stop make false statements until I have had the chance to help you?
Can't you see that I am doing everything I can to help you?
Please have some faith in me.

You may get rude at me if I do not have a solution for you after I gave up, but until then please let's focus on finding a solution.
What I am asking you is: please share a project file with the problematic page (Fantasy_Art_5). Nothing else, just a project with one page and one gallery, or multiple galleries if you think that is what is causing the problem.

If anything else is reading this: Can you please let me know if I am not trying my best?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

I don't see Bill Gates fixing Windows 98 in real time back in the days... Go Pablo.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

what do you want me to send you, I thought what I sent showed everything you need in a project

I thought what you just sent shows what you needed to know,

That page is set on responsive and as I have already told you the error moves from BEST PRACTICE to PERFORMACE with this message when I set it that way, sometimes it's in both.

error
image elements do not have explicit width and height also performance drops down by 3-5%

surely thats all you need to see whats wrong

all I am asking you to do is put 2 of your own galleries in your own page and test it in the same way as I have done to just about every imaginable setting in wysiwyg and send me a link so I can compare it with mine see what the difference is. because I seem to be having a job explaining myself.

I just need this sorted desperately

please help
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What I am asking from you, is a project with the problematic page: "Fantasy_Art_5"
So, I can investigative if there is something different to this page as for the 'page5' which now works.

I cannot see what settings you have used based on the published page. That is why I need a demo project.
Basically the same as you did for 'page5'

I have already done countless of tests for you and you can view the resuits here:

This is the project you have previously shared. As you can see it has a 100% score for BEST PRACTICE and 96% for PERFORMANCE.
The reason why the width and height are not set (as mentioned in PERFORMANCE) is because otherwise the images would no longer be responsive.
So, this intentional behavior.

More info:
The photo gallery is responsive. This mean that you can use the same gallery in breakpoints (for different device sizes) with a different size.
Now let's say you set the width and height of the image. These values can only be valid for one view. So, even if set them for the default view then the values would be wrong for mobile view.
Therefor for the gallery uses CSS to set the width of the image (based on the container size) and let the browser calculate the height.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

the page 5 you have is not working read what i just wrote please

it is actually worse in responsive because I pay extra to insure fast performance I have fast turbo hosting and have also added CloudFlare and can assure you that if you change that back to compatible and the error will move to best practice it will be 100% or at least 99% performance

so yes it still has the error

how do I send you this project, my full site has 300 pages and 27,000 images, I thought what I already sent was right what else do you want?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

it is actually worse in responsive because I pay extra to insure fast performance I have fast turbo hosting and have also added CloudFlare and can assure you that if you change that back to compatible and the error will move to best practice it will be 100% or at least 99% performance
The size of the images is either fixed or flexible. It cannot be both at the same time.
If you set option to 'compatible' then the images will have a fixed size (they will have a defined width and height), but the images will not be responsive.
If you set option to 'responsive ' then the images will have a variable size (they will not have a defined width and height), but he sizes can be different for different devices.

If you think I am wrong then please tell me what you think the solution is.
Do you know any gallery that is responsive and gives a score of 100% for best practice and performance?
how do I send you this project, my full site has 300 pages and 27,000 images, I thought what I already sent was right what else do you want?
I do not need your complete project. I need a demo project with one page and one gallery which demonstrates the problem.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

I know by your letters that you think I don't know anything about the WEB or that I am new to it so I though I would let you know my background.

I am graphic designer and I have designed and edited a magazine for the last 25 years using Quark, i have no idea how Quark works I just know how to do my job with it, create pages and edit a magazine and I leave it to the programmers to come up with relevant updates and help when I need it.

I do the same with the internet, 20 years ago I built my first site with primitive software until I discovered WYSIWYG 13 years ago I found it comparable to Quark but on the web, I know nothing of how it works but I know how to use it, and have been very successful with wysiwyg I found it excellent to use and to get the highest possible ratings in google,
the website I am referring to has earned me over £100,000 so far with around 1,000 visitors a day for several years but since I installed version 16 I am now barley getting 200 a day maybe now you see why this is so important that you understand my issue and why it needs fixing.

I can assure that I have spent my entire time on this in the last week and there cannot be one manual setting in WYSIWYG that I have not already tried.

As I said I know nothing of coding and rely on the experts to do that for me that is why I use this platform
I have just spent 5 minutes searching for these errors I am sure if you will know where to look and be able to find much more information than I can on this subject, please let me know how you get on.

https://github.com/GoogleChrome/lighthouse/issues/11936

https://github.com/vercel/next.js/discussions/18842

https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/GoogleC ... /757511095

https://gtmetrix.com/use-explicit-width ... ments.html

https://twitter.com/____lighthouse/stat ... 44?lang=en
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for the information.
However, it does not describe a responsive solution. This works great for a gallery where the images have a fixed size.
When the gallery has multiple views then using a fixed size will still cause a layout shift.

Anyway in the meantime I have a 100% score, so it is possible:
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for the project file. That was very helpful.
It turns out the scaling factor of 1.5 for thumbnails is a little critical, especially if the images have different sizes like in your project.
In the latest build (6/5/2021), I have improved the scaling of thumbnails so the scaling factor is variable relative to the gallery size vs number of columns vs the original size of the image.

You can view the result here:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/support/k ... age10.html

I do get a 100% score.

The latest update is available here:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html

If you have further issues then please share a demo project with the specific page so I can see optimize the thumbnail generator.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

i don't understand what you are meaning

This update is the cure
you optimised the page in some other way

I've just updated using your link

uploaded 1 page random, in fact its the next page to the one I sent you set as compatible, thats what I prefer and if it doesn't work it shouldn;t be an option, audited with Lighthouse total crap, one of the worst ever.

so changed them all to resposive and WELL https://freeclassicimages.com/Fantasy-Art-6.html you tell me

I've now got all 15 images in the first gallery with Serves images with low resolution

exactly where we were 7 days ago

what else have you done to make that 100% I would like to know, should I do something else as well to make it right, please tell me.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This update is the cure you optimised the page in some other way
uploaded 1 page random, in fact its the next page to the one I sent you set as compatible, thats what I prefer and if it doesn't work it shouldn;t be an option, audited with Lighthouse total crap, on
It either works or it doesn't what is it!. In reading all your posts you are one of the most ungrateful or the most ungrateful users that has ever posted. Have you ever considered it is your images?

You say that this only started when you upgraded to WB 16 if so what was the results like in Lighthouse when say using WB15 or earlier did you simply not test on even update the photo gallery prior to WB16? and are only doing so now as Google now requires your site to be mobile complacent. It is always easy to blame the software but never how it is used!! a proverb comes to mind mauveés ovriers ne trovera ja bon hostill... Perhaps if you had been of mind and updated your site more often with the latest implemens over time you wouldn't be here today being rude and ungrateful as you are.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Yes, drop the emotion that saves everyone's time. If you want help, be consistent in asking. Ask yourself what the problem is first!
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

how can you say I blame the software I love or loved wysiwyg for 13 years yes not one problem I couldn't sort my self 13 years of experience using and I know whats good about thats why I used it so long but I also know when there is something wrong that can't be put right as an operator it needs a programmer

because it really is a glich a gremlin something you know it is, you have already tried 2 upgrades that didn't work

I can understand that nobody has brought this up before as very few sites are totally image based like mine so I don't doubt you can't figure it out easily but this has been 7 days and pages of messages and still you can't even get what the fault is.

you call me ungrateful after 7 days of this,

I don't know who you are but I assumed you work for PABLO if you don't please put me onto someone who does as thats what I've been paying for 13 years of paying for upgrades and never once asking for any help now I need help

PLEASE this is a Call to anyone PLEASE who uses WYSIWYG to please put a couple of photo galleries on a page with a dozen or so images in each them check thumbnails upload the page and audit it with lighthouse and please let me know what you get and maybe also tell Pablo
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First, can you please stop saying that I am not helping you?
The whole world can see that I am doing everything possible to find a solution for you. Even then you are being very rude and unappreciative.
Just because you paid for my software does not mean that you can treat me like dirt. Please show some respect.

Also, I have to say this again, there is nothing wrong with the software. No where in the HTML specification does it say that thumnails need to be a specific size.
The 'best practice' rating in Lighthouse is just a recommendation. It will not make you website faster, as matter of fact using larger thumbnails will make your website slower because larger image take longer to load!
And even if the thumbnail option did not comply to the HTML specification then you can always set use custom thumbnail images yourself or use the 'Picture' object to set different images for different devices (also known as srcset).
I dare you to find other web deisgn software that even has these options...

But anyway, in the last few days I have repeatedly asked you to share a demo project with the problematic pages.
Until now you have shared 2 pages. Both of these pages now have a 100% score.
Doesn't that mean anything to you? Doesn't that prove that it can work and that I do have best intentions to help you?
Did you ever had a software product updated especially for you within a few hours after you asked for help?

The messages in Lighthouse are related to size of the thumbnails so we need to find the optimal scaling factor to make it work for all your images.
Based on the published page it looks like this gallery is using different spacing between the images so that may be part of the problem. I can only investigate this if I have the project file with that page.

There may be something difference in the way you have set up the images for this page:
https://freeclassicimages.com/Fantasy-Art-6.html

If you need further assistance then please share that page in a project so I can look at it.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

I didn't say you are not trying to help but it is obvious that you have so far been unable to help as you don't seem to clearly understand the problem

I 'm not sure how this Forum is supposed to operate but I assumed that this is the only and official technical support for WYSIWYG in which case I can't understand why you won't ​involve someone else or pass it on to someone who may be able to help.

I am pretty certtain if you used you own copy of WYSIWYG and created one or two photo galleries with random size image you would get the same result but I've sent you 2 projects with errors you could use these to even put your own picture in them with all my setting play with them and sometimes you will get a 100% but as I have said this is pretty random it must have something to do with a number of images and their variations in different sizes and different aspect rations this causes nearly every one of my 300 pages throw up these same red flags,

there is nothing that has GONE WRONG with the software because nobody allowed for a site like mine to be built on it it was not tested for it but here it is.

I'm sure the programmers who wrote this software are very proud and rightfully so as they do a magnificent job as I have said many times I am very impressed but I am also sure if they put options like compatible or variable or responsive In I'm pretty sure they made sure these options work and also the check box to generate thumbnail images it there because it worked and all these are fine if you put a small number of equal size images most times they test fine but if you make galleries like mine with varying size images that's when this error shows up

even I can eventually get a page to read 100% if I spend hours swapping images in and out of different galleries upload and reupload but there is no way I should need to do this.

Lighthouse is part of Google and I accept its a guide to improve your site but when they RED FLAG any item the term MUST BE FIXED applies to both these errors - !. Serves images with low resolution in BEST PRACTICE and -2. mage elements do not have explicit width and height in PERFRMANCE are both red flagged and as the majority of searches to my site WERE google image searches and are not now you might realise that there is a very strong probability that this error may well have something to do with it which is why I am desperate to fix it.

as I have tried to point out before if you search the internet its easy to find many website owners like me useing various platforms who also had this problem and many people who have helped with coding suggestions the main one I can see is add an SRCSET attribute to images totally double Dutch to me as I don't understand code but I am sure someone will.

So I implore you to involve some other people in this or pass this on to somebody you think could have the answer, PLEASE.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

This forum consists of members who appreciate one man's effort. Pablo's. Forum members (or I may have missed a pay check) do generally NOT get paid. Pablo has never needed to form a group of paid support operators because this forum functions on love. There are no "further programmers" of "founders that created the software". For 80 posts, you have been chatting with the one man who made and makes it all possible. Your posts are composed of a mix of feelings rather than facts. You say it works, then it doesn't, I showed you, can anybody help. When you would be Pablo, how would you respond to your posts?

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I didn't say you are not trying to help but it is obvious that you have so far been unable to help as you don't seem to clearly understand the problem
I do understand the problem and I have solved it for the two pages you have shared. You did not share any other pages so I do not know what settings you have used there and that is why there is no way for me to know what you can do to make it better.
You will need to share the page if you want my advise about this.
I 'm not sure how this Forum is supposed to operate but I assumed that this is the only and official technical support for WYSIWYG in which case I can't understand why you won't ​involve someone else or pass it on to someone who may be able to help.
I am the developer of the software and there is no one who can help you better and more quickly than me.
there is nothing that has GONE WRONG with the software because nobody allowed for a site like mine to be built on it it was not tested for it but here it is.
Nothing is "WRONG". Google's Lighthouse tools suggests to use larger thumbnail images. Nothing keeps you from doing that. This has already been possible for years! You can set custom thumbnail images in the properties.
However, you want the software to do it for you automatically and that is what I am trying to help you with to get the best settings.
as I have tried to point out before if you search the internet its easy to find many website owners like me useing various platforms who also had this problem and many people who have helped with coding suggestions the main one I can see is add an SRCSET attribute to images totally double Dutch to me as I don't understand code but I am sure someone will.
This feature is also available in WYSIWYG Web Builder. You can find the 'Picture' option in the toolbox.

Conclusion:
- you can already manually set 'thumbnail image' for each image for the best results. This is what most other web designers do.
- if you want add responsive images to your website then you can use the 'Picture' object. The picture object uses srcset in the background.
- if you do not want to set the thumbnail images yourself and want to automatically generate the thumbnails based on your input images then you will need to share the project.
Because all your images have different sizes and different settings, so I can only investigate the best solution for you if I have something to test it with.

So, if you need further assistance then please share a project with page 'Fantasy-Art-6' then I will make sure this page also gets a 100% score.
lummis

Post by lummis »

I, like many others I suspect, have been biting my lip until now.

Pablo has made a simple request for you to share the pages of your project that you say are causing problems If you cannot follow that simple suggestion then I am afraid you are not going to get the help you need.

If I was Pablo, I would by now have just cut you off from the forum but he is a lot more patient than me and has done everything in his power to try to help. We are all aware that you have a problem with your website and only Pablo can help you to put it right.

So all you have to do to save your frustration is to let Pablo see the page or pages that you say are not rendered correctly. If you do not and just keep complaining, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Like others on this forum I am a plain and simple user who Pablo has helped and when something is not possible he will let you know. At the moment it is very likely that he can find the answer for you but if I haven't made it plain already - share the problem page(s) !!
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

Now I am confused I was pretty sure what I sent you were 2 separate projects thinking that was what you requested

but you keep asking for me to share my project obviously not what I sent, I created a separate project with one page with errors in it, saved it, sent that file with the image folder I don't know what else you want.

please explain to me how to SHARE my project with you, I will happily do it.

also some days ago at your suggestion I created thumbnails spent best part of a whole day building a page putting the same images in it one at a time and still got exactly the same result, so unfortunately that is not the answer. it seems any thumbnail in before the fold gets the same results.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You have send me two projects. Both projects contain 1 page.

This is project 1:

This is project 2:

Based on these projects/pages I have updated the software so the pages now give a 100% score.
However, you have indicated that this does not work for all your pages. As an example you gave me this link:
https://freeclassicimages.com/Fantasy-Art-6.html

So, if you want me to help you to solve the problem for that page too, then you will need to share a project which contains that page. The same what you did for the two other pages.
also some days ago at your suggestion I created thumbnails spent best part of a whole day building a page putting the same images in it one at a time and still got exactly the same result, so unfortunately that is not the answer. it seems any thumbnail in before the fold gets the same results.
Then most likely the sizes of the thumbnails images were not correct. it is not possible to say anything meaningful about this without seeing what you have done.
One thing you can be sure of, the software does not modify the thumbnail, it will published "AS IS". So you cannot blame the software if that does not work.
But again, if you need help then share the project file.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

please check this page

https://freeclassicimages.com/page9.html

This not in my exiting project, I opened WYSISYG and started a new project with all the setting as were set with version 16 when downloaded

uploaded some random camera pictures from my family album instead of my stock images used photo collage, so not even photo gallery no thumbnails

when I test that in Light house I get ALL the same errors low resolution in best practice and properly size images in performance

If you go back 7 days you could see that I asked then could my copy of software be corrupt in some way could it not be bringing in the images correctly from my files could my website hosting be affecting by not uploading it correctly or in some otheth way.

I know I have asked you lots of times but the only way to test this for sure would be if you could please create a page in your website with random images upload the page and test it,
to be totally sure you will need to try 2 or 3 similar pages like this as this error is random and not always there (I have manages to get half a dozen of my pages to 100% in both performance and best practice.

then please tell me what results you get....
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Just_Follow_Pablo's_Lead and speak only when asked. No more than that.

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I am asking you for a project file (wbs) with the problematic. Without a project file I cannot help you.
to be totally sure you will need to try 2 or 3 similar pages like this as this error is random and not always there (I have manages to get half a dozen of my pages to 100% in both performance and best practice.
I am sure this is not random. It is related to the size of the images and your settings. That is why I need the project.
If you use the same settings and same image sizes for all your galleries then you will get the same results. 100% guaranteed.
I know I have asked you lots of times but the only way to test this for sure would be if you could please create a page in your website with random images upload the page and test it,
You keep asking this but I have already shown you the results.

Here are the links again with 100% scores:

*** TEST 1 ***

*** TEST 2 ***

*** WHAT DO I ASK FROM YOU ? ***
Step 1
- open your project, with the page "Fantasy-Art-6".

Step 2
- save the file under a different name. For example: test.wbs

Step 3
- remove all pages from the project with exception of "Fantasy-Art-6"

Step 4
Share the .wbs file and images like you did with the two previous projects.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Note: for me, it is now Sunday evening. I am going to close my computer. I will be back tomorrow morning to work with your project .
If you want a solution tomorrow then you will have to share the project file. I will not be able to help you without the file. Your settings are important to find a solution.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

One thing to add to that. When you have the final .WBS file (test.wbs was the example), please test it yourself and ensure it still has the problem that you need fixing.

regards

Alan
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Out of curiosity I ran your project and I got the following result for desktop.
And for mobile I got this.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

this has only ever been about mobiles
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

kenswindon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:14 pm this has only ever been about mobiles
OK.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

So I also downloaded your file and did some testing.

The flag you keep seeing "Serves images with low resolution" is basically telling you that there is a difference in what is displayed versus what is expected. To make sure that images are clear for all devices, it wants to make sure your image ratios are the same. If the image ratios are the same then when an image is scaled it won't be distorted. We all know with a small image that's enlarged usually always look pixelated which we don't want either. It also means that we want to show Large images on desktop and smaller images on mobile to help with speed and performance.

In my tests, I simply found removing the 'generate thumbnail' fixed the issue. I changed nothing else. And yes, this is for mobile. Here was the scores:

So if you are serious about improving your site, as based on this thread, for performance, speed, etc, I would also suggest the following.

1. When using the photo gallery I would make sure the image I'm using is resized to the biggest it needs to be on the screen. So for example, you have an image that is 1200x1685 (Fantasy-Art-Images-0687.jpg). There is no need for this image to be this tall as it wont fit on most monitors per the height. I have a large monitor and my height is only 1080px. So I would suggest reducing the size of this image to below 1080px to something like 800px. I would make sure all my images are resized to be no more than 800px high so that everything is consistent. This will help reduce the file size thus your page will load faster.

2. I would also look at compressing your images. Many of your images are large and can be compressed further for speed. For example, your image "Fantasy-Art-Images-0685.jpg can be reduced almost in half from 423kb down to 249.6kb. That's a 41% savings in size. Now take this times all your other images and you can save a lot which will help immensely in faster loading. Visit https://tinyjpg.com to see how much you can reduce them by.

3. Many of your images are missing descriptive Alt tags. Naming them "Fantasy-Art-Images-0685" is not very descriptive. I would advise you to look into adding more description about the image. It may take you awhile but it is worth it for screen readers.

You brought up a solution as using "srcset". This is available using the picture object. However, keep in mind that this solution involves YOU creating multiple sizes of your images (usually 3-5) for EACH image. By doing this, the browser then can pick the best image to show based on the browser size. Will this make Lighthouse happy? Yes! But, based on the # of images you have, are you ready for this monumental task of creating 3-5 times the images needed?

As far as i'm concerned, if you are scoring in the green then you score an 'A' and should not be so obsessed with removing every flag. If you are, then I would suggest you start reading up on these flags, learn some html and CSS and possibly implement your own solution if need be.

I know, I know, you are going to say "but that's why I bought WB16 so it can do it for me". I'm sure Pablo will take in consideration this information and if something can be done to improve the software he will in due time. Until then, you may need to live with an 'A' versus an 'A+'.

Just as a note, Tescos scores way worse than you and I don't believe their traffic is being altered because of it. Heck, if they had used WB, they'd probably have better scores. :wink:

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have a 100% score with your page when using a scaling factor of 1.7 for the thumbnails.
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/support/k ... Art-6.html

So, once again this indicates that this is all about the thumbnails sizes.
In the latest update, you can set the scaling factor manually, so you can optimize it to your needs.
But I strongly recommend to try to take crispy68's advise into account.
kenswindon

Post by kenswindon »

I give up with you as you obviously can't fix it

this error is red flagged so needs fixing

to uncheck generate thumbnails means the whole page loads too slow for google thats what it is nthere for.

as for making my images smaller or different shapes makes no odds one page that works the next page it doesn't it can come up with just 2 images wrong so I delete those 2 upload again it can now say 15 are wrong

I have been doing what you are doing for over a week deleting images adding different images setting different size galleries etc. etc. and spending upwards of an hour on each page I can most time but not always get them to read right and have managed to get about half my headline pages pretty close. but I should not need to do that and the only reason is because there is a problem with the software that causes it. as I have explained it would be absurd to suggest that I have to do this to all 27,000 images in over 1000 galleries on 300 pages.

you knows this is a problem because it does exactly the same on your computer as it does on mine. but is that a software fault in my copy or WYSIWYGs

what you have never done even though I asked you loads of time to try the same thing in your version of WYWIWYG and see if that gives the same result, that way we could actually confirm weather this software fault is just in my version or is universal. and I have asked you that from the very beginning.

Until you accept there is a problem within the software and that with the right knowhow this could be fixed this will never be right

you keep trying to tell me its because of my selection of images, well have you even looked at this, https://freeclassicimages.com/page9.html
just random photos taken with my phone all similar sizes added to a different gallery, audit it !!!

you need to flag this up to someone with more knowledge of this software than you have.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

this error is red flagged so needs fixing
Don't you think that is what Pablo is trying to do? Please tell me another piece of software where you can chat directly with the creator of the software and get your issues looked at and responded to? Please tell me. Answer is nowhere!
to uncheck generate thumbnails means the whole page loads too slow for google thats what it is nthere for.
Really? Where do you get this info? As you can see by the results of YOUR page it scored a 97 in performance. Oh, I ran Google Pagespeed and the overall score was a 93. So tell me again how the page loads too slow? Want to test yourself? Here ya go: https://webbuildertemplates.com/demo/Fantasy-Art-6.html

This is YOUR page with no thumbnails being generated.
what you have never done even though I asked you loads of time to try the same thing in your version of WYWIWYG and see if that gives the same result,
Ok, I'll lay it out. Have I ever created a photo gallery using thumbnails and get the same flag you are getting? Yes. There, lets put that to rest now. The reason why Pablo wants your project is to see all your settings. And based on previous posts there were things he found you needed to change even though they weren't directly related to this issue. There are thousands of possible combinations to the software so having your project file is the easiest to see any issues. So when you are asked to provide a copy of a demo project please do so or quit belly aching about it.
you need to flag this up to someone with more knowledge of this software than you have.
You obviously are not reading these posts as Pablo IS the creator of the software. There is nobody else above him so quit asking for this to go up the chain.
you keep trying to tell me its because of my selection of images, well have you even looked at this, https://freeclassicimages.com/page9.html
Really? You want to know why this is failing Google Pagespeed (score 36) and Lighthouse (50 72 93 82)? You are using ridiculously large images. One of your images is 2448x3264. If all 6 of these images are that big then no wonder you are failing. Your images need to only as big as needed and compressed as I stated in my last post. What I find intriguing is the best score you got in lighthouse on this page was the Best Practices with a 93 and that includes the flag about Aspect Ratios. This just goes to show you how little this flag plays in those scores compared to other things!

I've given you some advice on how to increase your speed and make things better but you seem to skip over that and focusing only on this one flag in Lighthouse which is just a recommendation. Your site isn't penalized if you dont receive 100. There are other things you need to focus your attention on to improve your site that will make a difference.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I give up with you as you obviously can't fix it
What, are you serious? Did you read my feedback (and that of others) carefully? Nothing needs to be fixed. With the software is nothing wrong!
What I (the developer of the softwere) have been doing this whole time is to help you get better results.

I have a 100% score with the page you have recently shared. And all the pages you have befote tta! What more do you want? You cannot get scores higher than 100%.
what you have never done even though I asked you loads of time to try the same thing in your version of WYSIWYG and see if that gives the same result
All the pages you have shared, have a 100% score in Lighthouse so I did everything you ask me to help you with (and much more).

HERE ARE THE RESULTS OF YOUR 3 PAGES. PLEASE CHECK IN LIGHTHOUSE.

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

PAGE 3
brynj

Post by brynj »

Firstly I would like to apologies to Pablo for butting in on this thread.

@kenswindon

Unlike you, Pablo & crispy68 know what they are talking about !

Unless you are prepared to accept their help, and you do as they ask/suggest, then just stop posting because you are making an idiot of yourself ....

Keep safe and well.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

kenswindon - if the images are too large and you have a lot of them, there are programs out there that can resize them and put the resized image back in place of the originals. So all you have to do is select the images, run them through the resizer and then re-publish your site.

Alan
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As you have mentioned you wrote that you are Graphics Designer then you should be able to do a batch resize within Photoshop (If that's what you use) quite easily. So saying it would take months isn't really true...
Tutorials:
https://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tut ... photoshop/
https://enviragallery.com/how-to-batch- ... photoshop/
https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/desi ... -photoshop
You can even do it in Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/704597/how-to ... indows-10/
https://www.alphr.com/how-to-batch-resi ... indows-10/
Video Tutorial:
https://youtu.be/_U68MQKQljs
https://youtu.be/2C-ZOOkv_zo
https://youtu.be/-seworeOXyE