Relative Horizontal sizing

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Nitrid-2

Relative Horizontal sizing

Post by Nitrid-2 »

I have watched hours of 90 second web builder which as I am lead to understand is the same as WWB anyhow as much as I try to mimic the tutorial for a header with relative horizontal sizing it never turns out as it does in the tutorials to wit:

I want the header to expand the whole width of the screen regardless of the size of monitor the first image Image shows how it looks in my WWB editor
However when I hit F5 to see an online preview the header on extends to about 40% of the screen.
I used a layout grid above the header, and I used a "layer to contain the header images" and set to "relative horizontal sizing" the second image Image shows how it looks in a browser

Any tips on how I can resolve this greatly appreciated.

Also does this group have a private facebook page??
Pablo

Re: Relative Horizontal sizing

Post by Pablo »

A page header object is full width by default, so you do not have to set any properties for this.
This is demonstrated in many of the demo templates:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates2020.html

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project so I can see what you have done.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Pablo I tried to include images in my post but they failed to show:

So in the absence of images maybe I can explain what the problem is I am having.

I inserted an image as a background into a "layer" not a layout grid. my page dimensions are 1200 wide by 2400 high the layer is set to "relative horizontal sizing", The image I used, I custom made to a size of 1210 wide by 800 tall intending that the image would completely span the entire width of the layer.
However that is not what I got the image spanned about 70% of the width of the page and then repeated so it looked like it was "tiled" when viewed in the browser window
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I assume your layer mode is set to default with relative horizontal sizing. When you added the background image to the layer did you:

1. set the repeat to 'do not repeat'?
2. set the size to 'cover'?
3. Is the layer itself stretched to the full width of your page dimensions (1200px)?

I would also set the horizontal and vertical to 'center'.
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Crispy that "do not repeat" fixed that problem thank you!