downloaded Installation files for Ver 16 will not unzip

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jestull

downloaded Installation files for Ver 16 will not unzip

Post by jestull »

I have been trying to upgrade to the new version from ver 14, but the downloaded zip files of vers 16.1.3 will not "unzip". I am using the latest Winzip version 25 Pro. HELP

Thanks everybody for the answers. However, I still cannot download the files. Some setting is corrupting the file. I have turned off all security settings that I can find. Still no joy! The files are ok cause I downloaded with my iphone and moved to this computer, and the file unzips and installs ver 16. I am not a neoophyte on a computer. Used to build my own. I am not a coder, just consider myself as a power user. Guess next stop is the Windows 10 forums and see if I can find the setting that is causing the problems. I thought maybe a router setting for my home network, but the iphone works on the same network with no problems downloading zips?????
Last edited by jestull on Wed May 12, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Re: downloaded Installation files for Ver 16 will not unzip

Post by BaconFries »

There should be no issue(s) unzipping the required files. Perhaps the download is corrupted or that your AV (Antivirus) or Windows ransomware is blocking the procedure. Try downloading again but first remove all temporary files from your PC / Laptop or temporary disable your AV and Windows ransomware and try again.
jerryco

Re: downloaded Installation files for Ver 16 will not unzip

Post by jerryco »

Winzip? That brings back memories... Can't you right-click and choose Unzip here (a native Windows 10 feature?)?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!