Publishing Delays

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Timmyp

Publishing Delays

Post by Timmyp »

Hi guys. Can I ask for a bit of advice please. I'm a bit of a novice at this but been doing it for a while on a very small scale. I've been using WWB for about a year and had no problems with uploading and publishing up to about 4 - 6 weeks ago.

Using FileZilla, I used to upload new sites, pages or just updated pages. Then within minutes the site was live, formatted and up to date. Now though when I upload, be it a site, a page or an update, the layout is all over the place, little formatting, fonts slighlty different and images wrong sizes. Even if I F5 and clear my cookies it doesn't change. I takes sometimes several hours for it to catchup.

Has something changed, do I need to do something differntly?

Any help or nfo would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim
crispy68

Re: Publishing Delays

Post by crispy68 »

I use Filezilla too for everything. I've never had an issue as you described. When you are refreshing are you doing a hard refresh by hitting control + F5? This will force the browser to reload the entire site rather than from the cache. Have you tried to view the site from a different computer to see if you see the updates? Has anything changed with your hosting/server? In some cases, there is caching on the server side as well.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that this is unrelated to WYSIWYG Web Builder. But your web host may have some delay in updating the files.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Timmyp
I found the inbuilt publishing tool very convenient and use it for almost all operations regarding the projects in WWB. It has some alternatives and backup functions that are very useful and besides you can use it as a regular ftp program too (with the "Explore" button.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Bluesman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:37 pm Hi Timmyp
I found the inbuilt publishing tool very convenient and use it for almost all operations regarding the projects in WWB. It has some alternatives and backup functions that are very useful and besides you can use it as a regular ftp program too (with the "Explore" button.
Yep, I always use the built-in publish. Far less prone to user error than using Filezilla et al.
Timmyp

Post by Timmyp »

Pablo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:48 am Note that this is unrelated to WYSIWYG Web Builder. But your web host may have some delay in updating the files.
Thank you, I was looking at possible options I have contacted my hosting and await their reply.

Thanks all for your replies