Removing Deleted Pages

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Lasa

Removing Deleted Pages

Post by Lasa »

I know that Web Builder doesn't remove deleted pages but it would be nice if we had the option at the time of uploading to delete removed pages.
When we rename or delete a page it's because I don't need it anymore as-is
Once deleted from our web Builder work space, via rename and/or delete, its basically not accessible to us anymore, why keep it?

Food for thought,
Cheers,
Lasa
Pablo

Re: Removing Deleted Pages

Post by Pablo »

Web Builder does not remove files from the server because it does not know which files it can safely delete.
For example, some files may be part of third party script or extensions. Also, many files are shared by multiple pages.
So, you could end up with a non-working website.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

What I do if I am in that situation is to move all the files and folders on the server to a safe place (just in case) and then do a FULL upload from WWB. That normally sorts out any pages I don't use any more.

Alan
Lasa

Post by Lasa »

:D Thanks!
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

alan_sh wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:22 pm What I do if I am in that situation is to move all the files and folders on the server to a safe place (just in case) and then do a FULL upload from WWB. That normally sorts out any pages I don't use any more.

Alan
Just to add that you have to make sure any non-wwb 'system' files such as .htaccess aren't moved.
After I do a full upload I use cPanel's File Manager and click the modified date heading to display the files in date order.
It's then clear which files have just been modified (same date) and which files can probably be deleted.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

WWBman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:08 pm
alan_sh wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:22 pm What I do if I am in that situation is to move all the files and folders on the server to a safe place (just in case) and then do a FULL upload from WWB. That normally sorts out any pages I don't use any more.

Alan
Just to add that you have to make sure any non-wwb 'system' files such as .htaccess aren't moved.
After I do a full upload I use cPanel's File Manager and click the modified date heading to display the files in date order.
It's then clear which files have just been modified (same date) and which files can probably be deleted.
Good points.

Alan