WB15 to WB 16 upgrade anomolies

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
aeroflyte

WB15 to WB 16 upgrade anomolies

Post by aeroflyte »

I updated from WB 15 to 16. I then opened my most recent version of my website to do some edits. I wanted to add the new Google Tag Site.

What I saw in the development mode did not match the preview. The various object positions were significantly off. As I began editing the pages, I realized this was affecting every page and every breakpoint page. I was looking at redoing the entire website.

I also use a master frame that contains a header, footer, content place holder. I can see it operate as expected if I look at only the Master frame in the preview. However every other page does not operate as expected. The Header text does not resize. It did in WB 15.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

John
crispy68

Re: WB15 to WB 16 upgrade anomolies

Post by crispy68 »

Based on your description and the thousands of settings in WB there is no way to tell you what is wrong. Please provide a copy of your WB project file (ends in .wbs) so we can download it and take a look at it. You can upload it to a folder on your server or use a free file sharing site.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It sounds like you have added the Google code at the wrong place.
To be able to help you, I need a copy of the project so I can see all your settings.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Could it be 'enable high DPI support' has not been set?
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Along with Alan's suggestion, check your default text output format is 'Default' and not 'use <p> tags...'.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Greetings. Here is a link to my project.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgmrrqZi0QlCqVwiXYX ... V?e=XHhNhq

I "fixed" the default view of

Index
Composite-Automation-Machines
Master Frame

The other pages are imported as they were from WB15. I did not touch them since the importation into WB16.

What's strange is that I can view the Master Frame alone in responsive mode and it looks fine in Galaxy/Iphone, etc. However, when I do the same with Index, the smaller screen sizes don't adjust my company's title.

Thank you all in advance for taking a look at this and guiding me. I really appreciate it.

John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you check the DPI configuration?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=85917
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Hi Pablo,

I did not have that checked. I checked the box and restarted the program and the responsive mode still shows the wrong size fonts for the company name in the header in smaller screens.

Something else?

Thanks!
John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you try all DPI options?
I am pretty sure that if you did not change anything else that this is the reason why the text is not rendered correctly.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Did you try all DPI options?

I'm not sure I understand what other options there are. I checked the box. Do I need to restart the program or the PC? Can you see the issue with the project I sent over?

TIA
John
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm It sounds like you have added the Google code at the wrong place.
To be able to help you, I need a copy of the project so I can see all your settings.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
I believe you are correct as when I hit the Google test button and the website opens, the counter does not increment. You will see where I put the Google Code in the Index page.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Do I need to restart the program or the PC?
If you have changed the DPI in the application then you will have to restart the application.
If you change the Windows configuration then you will have to restart your PC.
Can you see the issue with the project I sent over?
Your project look ok as far as I can tell.
However, you did not tell me where to look for problems or what it is suppose to look like.
What do I need to do to see the problem?
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:14 am
Do I need to restart the program or the PC?
If you have changed the DPI in the application then you quill have to restart the application.
If you change the Windows configuration then you will have to restart your PC.
Can you see the issue with the project I sent over?
Your project look ok as far as I can tell.
However, you did not tell me where to look for problems or what it is suppose to look like.
What do I need to do to see the problem?
Hi Pablo,

When I preview the project in Firefox and use the web developer view and then look at the various handheld devices, the Master Frame Header name of my Company does not render correctly. I'm reluctant to upload it without seeing it render in the preview properly.

Also, I don't believe I put the Google tags in the right place. They are below for your review. If you can indicate where I am to add this to the HTML, I would be very grateful.

Install Google Tag Manager
Copy the code below and paste it onto every page of your website.
Paste this code as high in the <head> of the page as possible:

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js ... efore(j,f);
})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-PMHCZVC');</script>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening <body> tag:

<!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
<noscript><iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-PMHCZVC"
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

bkjohns wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:22 pm Along with Alan's suggestion, check your default text output format is 'Default' and not 'use <p> tags...'.
Update:

I made that change. The header text still displays the name of the Company wrong in the breakpoints.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can add the code via Page HTML: 'between head tags' and 'after <body> tag"

To be able to help you with the header issue, can you please share an image what it looks like on your computer?
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:59 pm You can add the code via Page HTML: 'between head tags' and 'after <body> tag"

To be able to help you with the header issue, can you please share an image what it looks like on your computer?
Hi Pablo,

Screenshots are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgmrrqZi0QlCqWZYDR7 ... z?e=pnDG6c

Thanks so much!
John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Firstly, in the project you have shared you have added code at the start of the page. This is not correct.
This breaks the structure of the HTML. The code should be between the head tags.

I suggest that you remove all code you have manually added, so you can first focus on making the layout work correctly.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 pm Firstly, in the project you have shared you have added code at the start of the page. This is not correct.
This breaks the structure of the HTML. The code should be between the head tags.

I suggest that you remove all code you have manually added, so you can first focus on making the layout work correctly.
Hi Pablo,

Here is a link to a WB16 project that I imported from WB15. It never had any of the Google code in it. The Master Frame previews still don't resize on smaller screens.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgmrrqZi0QlCtj3fT06 ... M?e=SiVJt4

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.

John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The option 'include visibility' for 'Heading61' is unchecked, this makes the object non-responsive.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:15 pm The option 'include visibility' for 'Heading61' is unchecked, this makes the object non-responsive.
Hi Pablo

Please see this picture from my machine: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgmrrqZi0QlCtmQjn1_ ... r?e=1G2Gct

I checked that box and it still doesn't resize.

Sorry. Hope you can direct me.

TIA

John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It works for me now.
Maybe you will need to clear your browser cache?
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:00 pm It works for me now.
Maybe you will need to clear your browser cache?
Hi Pablo

I tried to clear the cache in both FireFox and Chrome. This is the 480 render in Chrome.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgmrrqZi0QlCqWWHoZL ... D?e=Fvwpu4

I'm lost. The live site is from WB15 and luckily I did not overwrite it. But I really need to make some updates. I really hope you can help me fix this.

Hope you are well. I'm a big fan of your product.

John
fiik

Post by fiik »

Hi aeroflyte

i was playing with the uploaded project file
removed the Header Heading for your company name and replaced it with Text set to Enable responsive fonts and then set the font size and position in each breakpoint as you had originally done
As soon as this was done the site heading operated correctly
Last edited by fiik on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Based on your screenshot it looks like there is custom code on the page.

Are you sure you have removed all custom code form the page and checked ''include visibility' for 'Heading61'?

Can you publish the page under a different name so I can see it 'live'?
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:21 am Based on your screenshot it looks like there is custom code on the page.

Are you sure you have removed all custom code form the page and checked ''include visibility' for 'Heading61'?

Can you publish the page under a different name so I can see it 'live'?
Hi Pablo

Here it is: http://www.compositeautomation.com/test.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@aeroflyte as suggested by Pablo please remove every piece of code you have manually added yourself so that it is just the code generated by the program / software nothing else. Once this is done you can start readding each one again ensuring that each one is nserted in the correct section of the HTML so not to break or conflict with the code of WWB. By doing this you will find which manually added code is at fault and then a solution can be offered.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is still invalid custom code, this breaks the HTML.
Can you please remove all custom code and then share the project file again?
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

Hi John Friend

-

Code: Select all

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="udlt_r1EgieXFNwojo4BNg2OYbQKHztlPPA91ZRuSjo" />

</script>
This code not correct must remove thus code </script> - not have any functions try to find him inside this google-site-verification under this code and remove him

-

Code: Select all

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, FOLLOW, ARCHIVE"/>
Meta tags must be in lowercase

When do this two problems all be OK
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

Pablo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:03 am There is still invalid custom code, this breaks the HTML.
Can you please remove all custom code and then share the project file again?
I removed all of the custom code. The Master Frame still does not resize the Head Tag in the responsive mode.

Here is the project: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgmrrqZi0QlCt1vOSws ... Z?e=kGgcpZ

Again, thank you for your help.

John
lummis

Post by lummis »

Just had a quick look at your project and noticed a couple of errors on the index page. These are easy to trace if you go to the Page menu and click on Error Reports. You will then discover that Heading9 and Heading11 are outside the viewport and need to be brought to within the boundaries of the page. Not sure if that will resolve your problem but even if it doesn't it does need your attention.
aeroflyte

Post by aeroflyte »

lummis wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:03 pm Just had a quick look at your project and noticed a couple of errors on the index page. These are easy to trace if you go to the Page menu and click on Error Reports. You will then discover that Heading9 and Heading11 are outside the viewport and need to be brought to within the boundaries of the page. Not sure if that will resolve your problem but even if it doesn't it does need your attention.
lummis wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:03 pm Just had a quick look at your project and noticed a couple of errors on the index page. These are easy to trace if you go to the Page menu and click on Error Reports. You will then discover that Heading9 and Heading11 are outside the viewport and need to be brought to within the boundaries of the page. Not sure if that will resolve your problem but even if it doesn't it does need your attention.
Thanks. Surprised I missed that. I fixed it but it did not affect the responsiveness of the company name in the header.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

For responsive uses try to use layout grids and if you have problems with font sizes then you can maintain them with break points and making them small. I checked out your site and it almost gave me a choke. So you need to improve on your ui design and the ux also.
lummis

Post by lummis »

Although I can't find it in the help or FAQ I seem to recall that the page width of the Master Frame should be the same as your default breakpoint. Pablo will no doubt put me right if I have misunderstood. Your master frame width is 1902 whereas the default width on the index page is 1280. Try reducing the master page to see if that helps.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I've looked at the project and there is certainly something screwy with the Heading object. It works correct if you preview just the master-frame page however when you view it with other pages the Heading object is not responsive.

I removed almost all the objects, I've inserted a new heading object, and tried other things and I can confirm it is not working. It seems to be missing some CSS code for this. Pablo will have to look at this.

In addition, there are some other issues that Lummis points out. Your master-frame page should have the same default and breakpoints sizes as the other pages and it doesnt. This needs fixed. Also, some of your pages are set to centered and others are not. They should all be the same. Essentially, your pages settings should be similar throughout.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Just installed the update from today (Oct 18) and that seems to have fixed the problem, at least on my system.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I concur with bkjohns, the recent update has seemed to fix the issue with your heading object. :D