Slide show with objects

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
OMU

Slide show with objects

Post by OMU »

Hi there.
I'm attempting to create a simple responsive slideshow with some text and a button over it that change and get adapted according to the screen size. At first, I tried with the slide show tool but the caption option is very limited.
Then, I tried with the carousel tool but it seems like it is not responsive so everything on it remains the same size no matter the screen size.
I'd appreciate some advice or help.
Pablo

Re: Slide show with objects

Post by Pablo »

The Carousel can include images and other objects.

Related tutorial:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/carousel.html
OMU

Post by OMU »

I did try the Carousel but the point is that objects that I put into it do not get responsive. Images for example do not scale. I worked around this by using the pictures as background (instead of just dragging them into the Carousel) and setting as "contain".

However, I still don't know what to do with the text that I want to put on top of the slide show (over the images) because anything you throw into the Carousel becomes "unresponsive". Any suggestion?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Text can be responsive in breakpoints. Check the box for responsive fonts in the text box properties.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Images for example do not scale. I worked around this by using the pictures as background (instead of just dragging them into the Carousel) and setting as "contain".
That is the correct way to make the images responsive.
However, I still don't know what to do with the text that I want to put on top of the slide show (over the images) because anything you throw into the Carousel becomes "unresponsive". Any suggestion?
If you use a flexible carousel then the text can be floating, so the container size it will automatically adapt to the available width. And text can also be responsive with different fonts sizes in breakpoints.
OMU

Post by OMU »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 pm Text can be responsive in breakpoints. Check the box for responsive fonts in the text box properties.
Thank you!
OMU

Post by OMU »

Pablo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:21 pm
Images for example do not scale. I worked around this by using the pictures as background (instead of just dragging them into the Carousel) and setting as "contain".
That is the correct way to make the images responsive.
If you use a flexible carousel then the text can be floating, so the container size it will automatically adapt to the available width. And text can also be responsive with different fonts sizes in breakpoints.
All right, thanks.