REQUEST: Looking for BullGuard users

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Pablo

REQUEST: Looking for BullGuard users

Post by Pablo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:26 pm

There have been a few users who had problems with the activation of WYSIWYG Web Builder in combination with BullGuard.
For some reason, these users were unable to connect to the server even after disabling BullGuard.
The only way to make the connection work was to completely uninstall BullGuard, which seem to indicate that it remains active in the background even when it's disabled.
I have tried to contact BullGuard support about this, but they do not respond to my emails/support requests.

Are there any ‘pro’ users who have successful configured BullGuard to allow Web Builder to use the Internet connection?
If yes, then what are the steps to make it work?

Thank you for any useful information,
Pablo

maxime

Re: REQUEST: Looking for BullGuard users

Post by maxime » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:45 pm

maybe it should add the IP address to Trusted Hosts to allow traffic on the server ?.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Although I do not use BullGuard it could be as suggested by maxime
From the FAQ of BullGuard
https://www.bullguard.com/support/faq/t ... ction.aspx

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Thanks for the information.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:28 pm

Welcome hopefully it might help.

ingasos

Post by ingasos » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi Pablo,
I use bullguard on both my main PC as well as my laptop. In my case I was able to install V16 onto my main pc without having to change any of my setting in bullguard, but for some strange reason when I installed the software onto my laptop it failed during the registration process. I followed your guidance regarding bullguard, but that did not work either. I then decided to uninstall bullguard as I have done in previous years, but kept the tick box to keep my setting, then restarted the PC and then registered the software successfully.

both PC's have the same version of bullguard as well windows 10, but clearly something is different between them! Very strange.

I am a reseller / partner for bullguard, so if you want to forward me your email that you sent to them, I will forward it to their gold support team.

I do however have another strange situation. I ordered my new V16 with a different email address which is reflected on the invoice with the licence number. On the main PC there was no problem registering the new V16 with my updated email address, but on the laptop this was rejected and came up with the message that I was using the wrong email address so I tried my other email address that I used last year. This was accepted with the new licence key for V16! I thought you should be aware of this unusual situation as it's almost as if I have purchased two separate licences with two separate email addresses but with the same licence key.

Regards
Siggi

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Thanks for your feedback!
I do however have another strange situation. I ordered my new V16 with a different email address which is reflected on the invoice with the licence number. On the main PC there was no problem registering the new V16 with my updated email address, but on the laptop this was rejected and came up with the message that I was using the wrong email address so I tried my other email address that I used last year. This was accepted with the new licence key for V16! I thought you should be aware of this unusual situation as it's almost as if I have purchased two separate licences with two separate email addresses but with the same licence key.
The serial number will be associated with the email address you have used for the first activation. So, it does not need to be the email address from the order. But you will need to use the same email address for all next activations.
You can look up the used email address in Help->About box.