Is There a Way to Fix My Huge Mistake?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ShawnInPaso

Is There a Way to Fix My Huge Mistake?

Post by ShawnInPaso »

I have a long standing website created in an older version of WWB that I inadvertently opened and published in WWB 15 <it's a long story>.

So now all I see online is the index page and the menu does not reference any of the web pages.

Of course I cannot open the "website" in the older version of WWB and WWB15 does not show existing pages when attempting to add them "to this project".

The many hundreds or files still exist on the web server and on the local computer, but I cannot find a reasonable means to put it all back together (e.g. the backup WWB files don't work either). I'd really hate to have to rebuild the entire site manually, even if it was my big mistake.

Any ideas or wisdom would be very much appreciated.

Here is the existing site: http://www.theradioroom.net/

Thank you,
Shawn
Pablo

Re: Is There a Way to Fix My Huge Mistake?

Post by Pablo »

Projects from another version should open without any issues in version 15.
If the project does not load then this usually mean that extensions are missing. You should get a message about this.

I am pretty sure that your backups are ok, so you will have to find out if any extensions must be installed before you can open them,
ShawnInPaso

Post by ShawnInPaso »

Thanks for your kind reply Pablo.

The "project" opens in WWB 15 but the only page available is the index page. None of the other pages can be added back?

Maybe there is a trick I don't understand for associating a file subfolder with all of the files (.html and so forth) back to the project in WWB15?

Shawn
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

All pages should open.
But maybe you have opened the file and ignored the message about missing extensions and then saved the project again? In that case your project may be corrupt.
To restore all pages, find the original projetc and make sure no error are displayed when you open the page.

If you need further assistance then please share the project.
ShawnInPaso

Post by ShawnInPaso »

I'll do as you suggest, thanks again Pablo.