Problem with new Microsoft Edge browser...maybe.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mfirlotte

Problem with new Microsoft Edge browser...maybe.

Post by mfirlotte »

I've been using WYSIWYG for several months now to manage my eCommerce site. Fantastic product and fantastic features and abilities. No problems publishing or using the software itself...until yesterday.

My laptop did an automatic update to the Edge browser only...no other updates. It now says...Microsoft Edge Version 83.0.478.54 (Official build) (64-bit).

Now, since yesterday, I have 2 odd problems with WYSIWYG that I never had before. Did this Edge update mess me up somehow????

1) My site has about 95 pages and I use one Master Frame. Nothing special and no custom coding. So today, after changing the header text (only the text) I wanted to republish all the pages. When I publish "Entire Site", the Master Frame and the other pages do not combine properly. Text and images get overlayed...and randomly. Some pages are okay while most are not. If I publish "Selected Page Only", no problems. I had to manually publish each of the 95 pages one at a time. Now all is good.

2) My index page has a Carousel on it with 8 pictures. Again...starting yesterday after the Edge update, when I change the filename of an image to change the image, press OK, the image didn't change although the filename in the carousel says otherwise??? I tried to exit WYSIWYG, relaunch, then it's okay for a minute or two then it starts this behaviour again???

Did this or is this happening to anyone else????
====
Mitch
====
bkjohns

Re: Problem with new Microsoft Edge browser...maybe.

Post by bkjohns »

First off, image issues are often file naming problems, such as spaces, start with a number, special characters, and such. Secondly, Edge seems to work fine for me, but my sites are a lot smaller (~20 pages max). Clearing the cache is another thought that gets overlooked often when making a change. Your post said you published all files - is that correct? And to the right place (probably since some pages work fine).
Just some thoughts but w/o seeing your project file (.wbs) it is just a guessing game. Good luck.
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Thanks bkjohns...I flushed the cache across all 3 browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) and they all produced the same overlapping errors on the very same pages and displayed the same pages that were okay as well. Same page errors across all 3 browsers. Very odd behaviour. For the other issue, I checked the filenames and they too are fine. And yes...this is after a publish. Preview shows them as being okay.

Just wondering if it's just me :roll:

And as another FYI...crazy Edge install as it did not carry over my bookmarks from the previous version of Edge. Absolutely nuts!!!! Thank you MS.
====
Mitch
====
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you , I need to see what tou have done.
What is the URL and where exactly do I need to look to see the problem?
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Thanks Pablo. Cannot look now as it's is all okay right now as I republished each page individually. It's when I published the Entire Site (did it twice) that many pages had overlapping objects, mostly text. Clearing cache and refreshing pages did not correct the issue. However, if I publish just one page at a time, the issue goes away...the pages publish correctly. Not sure why that is. Before the new Edge update, I used Publish Entire Site many times as I built the site. Then over the last two days, I made several visual changes to the site and decided to republish the entire site as one of the changes...I added one row of text...was on the Master Frame. That's when I noticed all the errors. I republished one of the pages manually and it corrected the overlapping text objects. As I republished each messed up page, all the errors were corrected.

Very odd behaviour. Like I said, all worked well until the Windows update for the new EDGE browser on Friday past. This issue did not exist with Publish Entire Site before this.

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This usually indicates a naming conflict.
For example, if the project has the same name as one of the page.
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

I will look into this aspect. Thanks Pablo.
====
Mitch
====
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I had somethinmg similar and noticed that an item (a themeable button) on my paster page had the same default name as on one of my other pages. Now, I always rename any items on a master page makeing sure it starts with an 'm' (e.g. mthemablebutton1)

Something to think about if it worked before you added something to a master page

Alan
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

I'll do that and denote all master frame elements with a unique prefix. Then I'll give it a go.

Thanks all.
====
Mitch
====
mfirlotte

SOLVED! Re: Problem with new Microsoft Edge browser...maybe.

Post by mfirlotte »

Just to let others know...adding a prefix ("mf_objectname") to all the objects on my master frame fixed the issue. I was able to successfully publish the Entire Site without any of the issues I was experiencing (overlapping objects).

Thanks all!
====
Mitch
====