*** NEED HELP? THEN PLEASE PROVIDE A DEMO PROJECT ***

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
crispy68

*** NEED HELP? THEN PLEASE PROVIDE A DEMO PROJECT ***

Post by crispy68 »

Hello all WB users,

I know the following is in the 'Must Read' section but like anything we buy, we typically don't read instructions and try to put stuff together on our own. So I assume many don't read this section and just jump in asking a question.

I know Pablo, Baconfries, others as well as myself like to help users on the forum with their issues the best we can. That's what makes this forum so great. In many posts, it is requested that you provide a working demo of the problem so it can be looked at. I'm sure Pablo has the phrase 'Please provide a demo project' on auto response each time he reads the threads.

Many times myself have read a question like such:
I've inserted a photo and text and when I preview its all over the place. What's wrong? please help!
Uhh… hard to say. Could be anything. It is so important to provide as much info as possible. Details, details, details.

There are so many options, settings, layout possibilities, variables, etc. in WB that it makes it sometimes virtually impossible to supply an answer based on what is usually a very limited description of the problem without any details. Providing a link to a working page is helpful to see the issue but sometimes that is not enough as it takes a lot of time to look through all the code to try and pinpoint the problem.

I respectively ask (and beg) those who post a thread that are having an issue to please provide a simple step by step process to re-create the problem. If this is something you cannot do, then please provide a working, stripped down, demo project that can be downloaded for review.

This would make it easier for myself, Pablo, BF and others to help you. To some degree, weirdly enough, I sorta enjoy trying to figure out user problems on here and offering solutions.

This is just my opinion and Pablo/BF if you would like to move this thread somewhere else that is fine.

Please stay safe everyone!
jerryco

Re: PLEASE PROVIDE A DEMO PROJECT

Post by jerryco »

Where can I attach a file?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Some options:
1. Upload your project file (.wbs) to your server (host) and provide a link to it (personally the easiest).
2. Dropbox and provide link
3. Google Drive and provide link
4. Other free filesharing sites (Mediafire, FileShare, Zippyshare, etc)
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Very well said Crispy! Pablo, BC, yourself and others do a great job at helping people out, and, as you say, that's one of the experiences and benefits that make this forum so great.

It's very important to strip a project down to the offending page. That makes the diagnoses so much easier for those that assist.

Also, and this is from personal experience, makes sure you clear your browser history if your local preview doesn't match your project content. Especially with tablets and mobile (cell) phones.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
zinc

Post by zinc »

Well said guys!!!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
miguelss

Post by miguelss »

Thanks for all your great support and your patience with us :wink:
kenmed

Post by kenmed »

I do not use the programme so often but buy it and follow the supportpages very much. It is worth the mony just that!!! Keep up the good work.
kenmed.com