*SOLVED* Question about Responsive Menu and Bookmarks

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

*SOLVED* Question about Responsive Menu and Bookmarks

Post by etcbbu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Hello,

So I am using "Responsive Menu" at the top of this website, but please look at this on a Desktop/Laptop device, as my question is about something that is happening on my Default 970-Width Breakpoint:

https://talsichristianschoolfoundation. ... /index.php

Notice how, no matter what page you are on, on the entire website (including the "About", "Inguna Gruznina", and "Buy A Book" page), when you mouse-over the "About" link in the Top-Navigation, all of the elements in there have the effect such that as you are mousing-over the various child-page links--"Inguna Gruznina" and "Buy A Book"--that the colors/windows/bg changes on those 2 child-links as you are mousing-over them.

*BUT*, notice how, if you click on and navigate to the "Mission Opportunities to Latvia" page, and once you are there, you try to mouse-over its various child links--"Orphan Camp", "Vacation Bible School", "Youth Camp SekoMan"--the little mouse-over color-changes do not happen, I'm assuming, because you are ON the age "Mission Opportunities To Latvia", because those three child links are actually links to 3 different Bookmarks that are on that same "Mission Opportunities to Latvia" page.

I would like the child elements--"Orphan Camp", "Vacation Bible School", "Youth Camp SekoMan"--to have the color-change mouse-effects when one mouses over them, no matter what. But it would appear that it's not happening if the user is already *ON* the page to where those Bookmarks link.

Any ideas on what I could do..?
Last edited by etcbbu on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Re: Question about Responsive Menu and Bookmarks

Post by Pablo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 pm

The problem is related to the fact that the links are on the 'active' page, so the menu items do not have a 'hover' state.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Any workaround idea(s)? Other menu objects instead of "Responsive Menu" that will still work on a website that will definitely need to have two breakpoints? Color changes I might can do in "Styles" that may help..? Just seeing if anyone has an idea.
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 pm

The 'workaround 'is to disable 'use hover state to indicate the current page'.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Thank you!

:D :D :D WB IS THE BEST! :D :D :D
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com