Master Page and Blocks - footer

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
onlye

Master Page and Blocks - footer

Post by onlye » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:46 pm

New to WWB using 14.05 so don't fully understand concepts and still reading help and articles.
My first site was built using almost all blocks. It is in production and works fine.

Building a new site. Want to use a Master Page for the Header, Navigation, and Footer so they are the same on all other pages.

I am trying to use a footer block as the footer in my master page. But it shows up immediately below the header on the other pages. Can I use a footer block as the footer in a master-page? It looks like the footer block I selected is a layer grid. How do I tell it to be a footer? Or is this not how it works? I have read what I can find in help and online tutorials but still don't fully get it.

thanks

Pablo

Re: Master Page and Blocks - footer

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Did you set the footer to 'floating'?

Related tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_page.html

onlye

Post by onlye » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:19 pm

I used a layout grid at the top for the Header and then used the block "Footer - 3 Columns" on the Master Page

In the object properties of the footer block:
Layout Grid
Overflow - none

Miscellaneous
Layout - fluid
Position - floating
Semantic tag - footer (also tried div with same result)
Grid system - default

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 pm

block "Footer - 3 Columns" is just a standard layout grid, it's not a real page footer object.
So, it will not move automatically to the bottom of the page.

longman

Post by longman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 pm

I have faced footer issue too. My site is designed with blocks (flex grid, flex container, and layout grid). I could have the header on my master page, but I can not have a footer. and i am forced to copy-paste the footer on all pages, and in future if i update my footer, again i am forced to copy-paste my footer on all pages.

Pablo, do you think it can be possible to allocate a flex grid, flex container or layout grid as a footer? technically? for example creating additional Master page, for the footer, add a flex gird or container or layout grid and WB automatically put that flex gird or container or layout grid under the last flex box on other pages? in other words, move automatically after the last flex grid on other pages. I kinda feel it can be possible, why not.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:09 pm

There is currently no way for the software to know if you are using a flex grid or layout grid as a footer. From the software's perspective it is just another element.
So, to make this work the software needs to be redesigned to make this possible. That will require 'some' time.

longman

Post by longman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 am

Alright, I found a workaround for this, just add a HTML to the masterpage, design your footer in html code (you can get the html code of your footer in a block or flex by right click > Object HTML), then paste that code inside your HTML on the masterpage and in option "Type", choose "End of the page", then your html-based footer will go to the end of the page and works fine with pages that are built with flexgrids or layout grids :)

The only issue is knowing HTML knowledge, to design the footer. I copy-pasted my footer html and it did not do it properly, but i guess with html coding its possible.

Pablo, maybe you can use this option (html code - end of the page) to add a flex box to the end of the pages as a footer.