wbs file problems

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
biolacola

wbs file problems

Post by biolacola » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:35 pm

GooD day.
I a, had a project with more 100 pages in it. But some happend, and almost all of them was lost, and left about 4-5 pages
My wbs file jave a size about 66 MB. But left only several pages.

Pablo

Re: wbs file problems

Post by Pablo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Maybe the project uses extensions which are no longer installed?
Make sure you do not save the project and install the extension before you load the project

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 pm

No, i am working on it for a long time. In project was much more than 100 pages
I dont no what and when exactly happend, but i am filtered some page in Site Manager by name? open and work with them, and after start publish it.
After some time i am understand that WWB is not running. After i am starting it and get that result. Now i am have a big progect file, and only several files in it. I can send file project, may be you can uncompille it?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 am

If you need further assistance then please share the project file so I can see what you have done.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134

Note that the project will not suddenly stop working so something must have changed in your configuration.

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Pablo wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 am
If you need further assistance then please share the project file so I can see what you have done.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134

Note that the project will not suddenly stop working so something must have changed in your configuration.
Well, i am understand, but have no any explanation.
Also i am import this projects (66mb file that iam sending) in new and have only 3 megabytes...

https://we.tl/t-s6VYFXykp8 link for the file.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:01 am

It looks like you did save the project after opening it?
If you load the project without the required extensions then the project cannot open all pages. if you can save the project the pages will be lost (because they were never loaded).
I need the original project before you saved it.

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:28 am

Pablo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:01 am
It looks like you did saves the project after opening it?
You mean saved after identifying the problem?
Pablo wrote:
If you load the project without the required extensions then the project cannot open all pages. if you can save the project the pages will be lost (because the were never loaded).
No, i am opening it as usual, create and fill some pages in folder and start to publish. I am make that steps more time.

Pablo, i am working on it 8 month, I counted the html files and there are over 1000. It's a very big problem for me, and i am asking for help. I understand that there is a reason, but I do not understand what I did not as usual. How could I quietly delete hundreds of folders and pages and leave only a few.
Pablo wrote:
I need the original project before you saved it.
What you mean exactly? I have an original project at the time the problem was identified. Also i have a 4 automatic backups, but thay are the same.

If you do not mind, I will send you links through the service https://onetimesecret.com/
https://onetimesecret.com/secret/3btrm8 ... 792t3warjl

I can also send a published project. it's about 400 mb in zip

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am

The project you have shared (Untitled3.wbs) only has 5 pages.

What I was trying to say is:
Maybe you have loaded the project but one or more extensions were missing? In that case, the application will give you a warning.
Then instead of closing the project (and ignoring the warning) and installing the extension, maybe you have saved the project? In that case, all pages tat failed to load (because of the missing extension) are no longer in the project.

Do you have a backup of the project?
Note: If you save the project then the software will automatically make a backup.

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 am

When i am working in that day, i am not using any new extension.
In that time i am only make a new pages and publishing them to a local folder.

Left only that pages, that was opened in working area.

How to repeat the loss of the rest, not open pages from Site manager? I want to understand what actions lead to this in order to avoid mistakes in the future?

Which extension can delete pages other than those in the workspace?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 am

I do not know why the pages are no longer in your project. You may have accidentally removed them.
Or you may have ignored a warning and overwrite the full project.

Extensions do remove pages from your project.
However, if your project uses an extension which is not installed then the page that use that extension cannot be loaded. The software will give a warning in that case.
If you ignore the warning and save the project, then all pages that could not be loaded will not be saved.

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:39 am

Pablo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am
The project you have shared (Untitled3.wbs) only has 5 pages.

What I was trying to say is:
Maybe you have loaded the project but one or more extensions were missing? In that case, the application will give you a warning.
Then instead of closing the project (and ignoring the warning) and installing the extension, maybe you have saved the project? In that case, all pages tat failed to load (because of the missing extension) are no longer in the project.

Do you have a backup of the project?
Note: If you save the project then the software will automatically make a backup.
No, backup files also the same. 4 backups with 5 pages were created, when i am published.
And i am repeat. I am not any new exstension in that time, i am not installing any any extension in that day. Left only files from work area.
Also as you see - 5 files have a 66mb size.
If you import them in new project - it's will ne only 3mb, because it's real dimension of them, not the 66mb

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 am

The size of the file bothered me, it was hoped that the data remained in the project file.
Pablo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 am
I do not know why the pages are no longer in your project. You may have accidentally removed them.
Or you may have ignored a warning and overwrite the full project.
May be, and this is a more realistic option, but don't understand how, because left the pages from this project, and automatic backup tham when publishing.

Ok, I am grateful for trying to help.
Let's do it one more time :)

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:14 am

Without knowing what you did before the pages got lost, it is difficult to tell you what went wrong.
However, this has not happened to anyone before so it's unlikely that your pages were removed by the software without a warning.

The size difference is explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47748

biolacola

Post by biolacola » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Pablo, perhaps it is possible to import the structure of already published files and folders?
I tried import but only files is imported? and often only 1.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Please see this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44024