Login tools

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
wookielinux

Login tools

Post by wookielinux »

So I have been working with the demo login page and have a few questions I cannot see in the forms or wiki

First off..

Is there a way we can globablly set the MYSQL dbname, username, password and Database for all objects that require it?

Second,
When I add a new user there is no option to set USER ROLL .. if I use myphpadmin to set it it does work as expected but there seem to be no way setting if from the admin object.. Is this intended?

Third,
I am able to upload avatars and they show up in the edit user object but when using "login name" object set to Display Avatar it only shows a grey box.

thanks in advance
Pablo

Re: Login tools

Post by Pablo »

Is there a way we can globablly set the MYSQL dbname, username, password and Database for all objects that require it?
No, these settings to to be set for each object individually
When I add a new user there is no option to set USER ROLL
You can set the default use role in the properties 'sign up' object.
if I use myphpadmin to set it it does work as expected but there seem to be no way setting if from the admin object.. Is this intended?
The user role can also be set via the (online) admin.
I am able to upload avatars and they show up in the edit user object but when using "login name" object set to Display Avatar it only shows a grey box.
Maybe the object is in a different folder?
wookielinux

Post by wookielinux »

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the responses..

Re: global mysql settings..
it would be an awsome idea no? or at least a place in project to auto populate the objects with?

Re: user rolls,
When I go into the admin object it does not show User Roll fields at all when editing a record. I dont see a option to enable that in the admin properties.

Re: Avatars
The avatar is on the same page that the Edit user object is. (it shows in the edit user object correctly) In the name object the name shows but not avatar.

Pablo, on another note.. thank you for all your hard work.. I enjoy this software very much!!! :)

LW
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

it would be an awsome idea no? or at least a place in project to auto populate the objects with?
You can post suggestions in the "Suggestions' section of this forum.
If more users find this useful then I will consider it for future development.
When I go into the admin object it does not show User Roll fields at all when editing a record. I dont see a option to enable that in the admin properties.
This option is available for MYSQL. Also, the version needs to be set to '14'
The avatar is on the same page that the Edit user object is. (it shows in the edit user object correctly) In the name object the name shows but not avatar.
To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
luputu

Post by luputu »

where can i get the manual for login such as creating SQL database table for login, admin login and creating username and password !
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can access the help via the 'Help' menu (F1)