Login and PHP 7.0

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
mfirlotte

Login and PHP 7.0

Post by mfirlotte »

Hi Pablo...I was using PHP 5.5 and need to upgrade to PHP 7.0+. Initially, I had errors with SMTP/PHPMailer and the Login tool.

As you already noted in another post, the SMTP is a server-side issue. Good news is that I was fortunate to get that resolved this evening with the hosting service. So PHPMailer now works just fine under PHP 7.0.

Now I seem to still have an issue with the Login tool. It works just fine while am under PHP 5.5 but as soon as I change it on the hosting service to PHP 7.0, the login button no longer works or even redirect to the error page.

I set server side back to PHP 5.5 and it works again. Change it to PHP 7.0 and it doesn't work.

I'm confused. Any ideas?

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====
Pablo

Re: Login and PHP 7.0

Post by Pablo »

There are no known issues with PHP7. The tools have been extensively tested with this PHP version.
To be able to help you, I need to know the exact error message.
If you do not see an error on the page then make sure PHP error reporting on the server is enabled.
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

OK...here's what's in the error file...

20200723T062407: www.firlottecreations.com/MF/login-test ... -page2.php
PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_512789a1a7fb2d9932e5d449c84a5ec8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01aa/b1395/nf.firlottecreations/public_html/firlottecreations.com/MF/login-test/logintest-page2.php on line 4

PHP Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/php_sessions) in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01aa/b1395/nf.firlottecreations/public_html/firlottecreations.com/MF/login-test/logintest-page2.php on line

However...the file "logintest-page2.php" does exist there. And it works just fine under PHP 5.5???

Permissions are 0644
====
Mitch
====
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This error seems to indicates that PHP sessions on the server are not correctly configured.
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

That was it Pablo. Hosting Service only sets Session when call to have it set up. All works as planned now.

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====