signup admin email

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
Chameleon

signup admin email

Post by Chameleon »

Hi I have setup a signup page and set the activation to administrator so that the member must be activated by an admin.
When the member fills out the signup form it adds them to the database ok and awaits the admin to activate them so that they can sign in.
All working ok so far. My problem is that the admin is not receiving an email informing them that a new member has signed up? If I change it to email then the user gets an email which they then self authorise, something I do not want.
How do I set it up so that admin get an email?

thanks.
Pablo

Re: signup admin email

Post by Pablo »

Did you check if the email is sent by the server? or why did it fail?
Maybe you need to configure SMTP authentication?
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

hi Pablo,
I have configured the SMTP server with all my details, will check that they are correct.
When I test it out I create a new account but when I click create user button it takes a long time to do so but the user IS created in the database but no email to me as admin??
If I change the setting to email from administrator and create a new account then when I click the create user button it is instant and the user gets the email to self authorise.

I will play around with the settings and see what works.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that the email is sent by the mail server of the host.
Usually when email fails, either the configuration is incorrect or the email was blocked.
Chameleon

Post by Chameleon »

yep got that working but have a question.

When a member signs up I as admin get an email saying "A new account has been setup." since I have my email address in the admin Email address section of the signup form.

what part does the "from" email address play? It seems to me that the same email goes out to both the admin AND new member is this correct?

I am trying to set it up so that when the member signs up they get an email informing them that the account has been set up and will be authorised by admin. Admin gets an email informing that a new member has signed up but needs to be validated.

which way is it setup to work, same email for both or a separate email for admin and member?

thanks,
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The 'from address specifies the email address that will be used as the 'from' address.
For some servers it is necessary to specify an email address within the same domain otherwise the email will not be sent.

If you need different behavior then you can customize the generated code.
- right click the signup work in the workspace
- select 'Convert to form'
now you have full control over the form layout and the code.